Author Topic: Realistic thoughts about AGU stage 2  (Read 24223 times)

Offline jamie1989

• I live here
Re: Realistic thoughts about AGU stage 2
« Reply #240 on: 23 August 2012, 09:35 »
Awsome Prawny good advise thanks, Will keep that in mind atleast I can still have fun haha

Yeah totally agree mate, Took my mate an hour to get box off and check everything is ok, the car is ready for pick up now but im stuck in work until 6  :angry:

Only dropped it off late last night haha
1.6-1.8t AGU K03s, Forge actuator, Forge 007p, turbo back exhuast, Ths front mount, Catch can, 5 piece silicone boost pipes and creation sports tip. Stage 2 atm 232bhp 270lbs. Waiting for custom mapping :-)

Offline golfyste

• I live here
  • Project track car
« Reply #241 on: 23 August 2012, 09:42 »
yea man, just drive it how you want and deal with it when the time comes!

Some people get lucky and they last for ages, some don't.

Just bare in mind it's high gears and low revs that kill it, you'll never kill the clutch revving it out to 6k in each gear and thrashing it, it's crusiing at 3k in 5th and nailling it to pass a lorry that'll make it slip!

pretty easy job to change when you need to as well, it's a mornings work, and the parts are cheap :)

Yeah 100% it's fix it when it breaks  :laugh:

Can you explains this prawny??
Not sayin your wro but don't get why it would work like this
Surely ragging it off
The light with high revs and dropping the clutch is te type of thing that causes the damage??  :undecided:

R-tech custom remap - k04-001- 250bhp/311ftlb  :grin:

"Project track car" has begun :grin:

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=247202.0

Offline jamie1989

• I live here
« Reply #242 on: 23 August 2012, 09:50 »
I can see his point where if your in 5th crusing then put your foot down theres alot of load on the clutch at low revs which will take its time to actually go somewhere which would cause it to "slip"

If your in 2nd and put your foot down theres load on the engine but itl rev up pretty quickly through the gears so less likely to "slip"

This is my understanding, Although off the lights ragging the car I would imagine it wont good on the flywheel lol
1.6-1.8t AGU K03s, Forge actuator, Forge 007p, turbo back exhuast, Ths front mount, Catch can, 5 piece silicone boost pipes and creation sports tip. Stage 2 atm 232bhp 270lbs. Waiting for custom mapping :-)

Offline Prawny

• Here all the time
  • R-tech power!!!
« Reply #243 on: 23 August 2012, 10:11 »
two different types of abuse basically Ste,

traffic light grand prix and slipping the clutch is likely to fry it in that sense, it'll slip if you dump it instantly and over heat the friction surface and it'll loose grip, but generally in a FWD car the tyres will spin before the clutch suffers too much, unless you slip it like mad when launching.

once rolling, in 1st or 2nd gear, there isn't much load on the engine, due to the gearing it's easier for the car to accelerate at low speeds.

Think about it like a push bike, say you're rolling along at 4mph in a low spinny gear, try accelerating, and it's really easy, and you just pedal like mad. Change to a higher gear, and then try accelerating at the same rate. you need MUCH more force on the pedals, because the gearing is different.

it's basically the same principles in the clutch on the car

Offline golfyste

• I live here
  • Project track car
« Reply #244 on: 23 August 2012, 10:14 »
two different types of abuse basically Ste,

traffic light grand prix and slipping the clutch is likely to fry it in that sense, it'll slip if you dump it instantly and over heat the friction surface and it'll loose grip, but generally in a FWD car the tyres will spin before the clutch suffers too much, unless you slip it like mad when launching.

once rolling, in 1st or 2nd gear, there isn't much load on the engine, due to the gearing it's easier for the car to accelerate at low speeds.

Think about it like a push bike, say you're rolling along at 4mph in a low spinny gear, try accelerating, and it's really easy, and you just pedal like mad. Change to a higher gear, and then try accelerating at the same rate. you need MUCH more force on the pedals, because the gearing is different.

it's basically the same principles in the clutch on the car

Alright mate Completely understand it now cheers for that.
Was just gettin a lil confused haha but see how it works now.  :cool:

Offline jamie1989

• I live here
« Reply #245 on: 23 August 2012, 10:16 »
Thats a much better explanation  :grin:

Offline golfyste

• I live here
  • Project track car
« Reply #246 on: 23 August 2012, 10:19 »
Thats a much better explanation  :grin:

:laugh:

Offline jamie1989

• I live here
« Reply #247 on: 23 August 2012, 21:36 »
Little update

Gearbox changed was hoping to keep the old unit but bloody diff was fooked.
The diff managed to make itself a hole into the casing and piss its gearbox oil inside and outside the gearbox. Massive fail but all done now.

The drive home was awsome tonight!  :evil:
Clutch is still like new too so im a little happy I didnt need to change it although it had a small amount of gearbox oil on it my mate dried it out told me not to thrash it straight away.