Author Topic: hellloo diy remap!  (Read 21633 times)

Offline richw911

• 10k hero
  • The Linkmeister and an OEM Freak.
Re: hellloo diy remap!
« Reply #40 on: 05 November 2010, 17:51 »
thread revival

been playing a bit with my old kwp, but cant get it to read the ecu on my agu, pulled the cluster fuse but still cant get it to work, the dll was for a 7x boot mode, this the right one for agu? i dont think it is but theres nowt else there.

just killing me driving a slow car, want an r-tech remap but still waiting on money, was hoping this would keep me happy for a bit

Only limited tools can do the AGU, even some of the £5k tools cannot do them, the kwp will only do the  me7, not the old motronic 5 systems found in tha AGU.

Nick

ah well, was worth a try, not as if ive wasted any money with it.

will hopefully be booking in to see you before the end of the year.

quick question tho, if i were to get you remap my agu, then if i were to fit a k03s at a later date, would i need another map to suit it or is it just bolt on and go?

You would need another map to suit  :smiley:

MKIV Mod Squad™ a part of the headlight police.

Offline Steve_Goral

• Just got here
« Reply #41 on: 22 June 2014, 20:57 »
Sorry to revive an old thread but like an idiot Ican find a way to PM Nick.  Is there a decent starter DIY map for the 1.8T AUM available anywhere? 

I'm saving up for an R-Tech remap, but it would be nice to have a generic one to see how it goes.

Offline northeast_gti-t

• Serious forum addict
  • "1.8T AGU"
« Reply #42 on: 22 June 2014, 22:06 »
Sorry to revive an old thread but like an idiot Ican find a way to PM Nick.  Is there a decent starter DIY map for the 1.8T AUM available anywhere? 

I'm saving up for an R-Tech remap, but it would be nice to have a generic one to see how it goes.
Thread revival indeed  :grin: but i would advise against any diy starter map
you can contact nick here : http://www.r-techpower.co.uk/r-tech-contact.php
2000 Mkiv GTi 1.8T AGU

Offline Chris.

• I live here
« Reply #43 on: 23 June 2014, 22:57 »
just go drop it off....go  have a coffee, dinner and pick it up later on in the day.

By time you spend £30 on a flash cable, thats already 10% of the way towards a proper remap.

Only way I would say have a go yourself is if you know what your doing and prepared to take the risk.  trust me, its not as easy as it looks when starting out....I can assure you that.  I must have made 40+ changes to my files and im only just starting to get the car to boost where i want it.

Click For Build Thread

248bhp  278lbft R - Tech Powered 1.8T!!  - Gone but NOT forgotton