Author Topic: My new car got hit and run.  (Read 6970 times)

Offline Jack3559

• I live here
My new car got hit and run.
« on: 17 January 2016, 01:06 »
Hey everyone, haven't posted on here in a while, but still read posts every now and then.

A couple of weeks ago, I bought this:

And tonight, someone drove into it while it was parked in the pub car park.

Luckily, my friend was smoking in the beer garden and saw it happen.  He took down their numberplate, but when they saw him, they sped off.

Anyway, the car was a black Ford Kuga, and it's been reported to the police, but when we got home, we googled the numberplate, and here is the car: http://www.invicta-ashford.co.uk/used/ford/kuga/20-tdci-163-titanium-x-sport-5dr/ashford-in-kent/kent/16744002

Took a trip there tonight with my girlfriend, and sure enough the car wasn't on the forecourt.

Thinking the dealership might want to repair my car for me.

End of boring story.

Offline Mr_Orange

• I live here
  • MK4 GTi Turbo Exclusive 150 AUM
Re: My new car got hit and run.
« Reply #1 on: 17 January 2016, 08:20 »
Know how you feel buddy.... :'(
I bought a new car mid Dec, and over Xmas hols someone hit it while parked. Pushed it along about 15ft and half up onto pavement. They drove off, but I've since found out it was a neighbour nearby. They "knew nothing about the collision", but spent the next few days fixing up their beat up car on the sly. Real nice B-)

Build thread clicky

Offline jimmydub

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 17 January 2016, 08:52 »
Thinking the dealership might want to repair my car for me.

If the car was sold then they will obviously have the buyers details. I'm assuming the plates were cloned though. If by any chance it was stolen off the forecourt, they'll not be interested in fixing your motor, But their insurance for the theft might also stretch to the damage to yours.
« Last Edit: 17 January 2016, 08:54 by jimmydub »

Offline Jack3559

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 17 January 2016, 10:46 »
They "knew nothing about the collision", but spent the next few days fixing up their beat up car on the sly. Real nice B-)

Man, that's horrendous.  I'd feel way too guilty to try and get away with that.

If the car was sold then they will obviously have the buyers details.

My hope is that it's not been sold/stolen and that someone from the dealership took it home last night.

Offline Pinky1959

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 17 January 2016, 18:29 »
I would not let them fix any damage as they wont care how good it is done , get them to pay to repair it through a company  you know and trust .
Was there much damage ?