Poll

Quick question addressed at everyone.   If you bought a brand new car and the Bluetooth was faulty, USB drive was faulty, reversing camera was faulty, parking sensors was faulty, side skirt wasn't attached properly and the boot was misaligned. Would you r

Yes
19 (55.9%)
No
15 (44.1%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Author Topic: Mass vote request please  (Read 6272 times)

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
Re: Mass vote request please
« Reply #10 on: 07 January 2016, 23:38 »
You paid £39 grand for an R  :shocked: :shocked:
no I didn't lol. This is for my jaguar, my golf is fine

Shouldn't you be posting this on a Jaguar forum then  :grin:
I'd give them an opportunity to sort it at least a couple of times before taking it further.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
« Reply #11 on: 07 January 2016, 23:50 »

do they have a jaguar forum I thought the average jag owner was to old to know what the internet was  :laugh:

Offline remlapeel

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 08 January 2016, 00:02 »

do they have a jaguar forum I thought the average jag owner was to old to know what the internet was  :laugh:

The jag forums are sooo crap. Plus I know you guys are balanced and fair, although I doubt some would be so calm with 7 faults within 2 weeks at nearly £40k
2015 MK7 Golf R 3 door, DSG, lapiz blue, 19" wheels, winter pack, keyless entry, dynaudio and high beam assist.

Offline Gorocco

• Not said much yet
« Reply #13 on: 08 January 2016, 04:30 »
You're in a position to say make it perfect. They should give you replacement perfection until your car is made perfect. Sorry but the Jag hasn't got the same pzazzz or fizzzz of a performance golf but it seems minor stuff so throw them some rope. I wish I had two cars 😍
PP, tints, Chassis Control.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #14 on: 08 January 2016, 05:12 »
It's hardly surprising Jag forums are a bit poop, your average owner probably doesn't have much 3G coverage in the golf club car park.  :grin:

I can't see those faults being anywhere near bad enough to reject a car. My last GTI's tailgate very slightly rubbed the top of the rear bumper and although it annoyed me a bit I didn't even think it warranted the hassle of taking it to the dealership never mind rejecting the car.
Maybe as its a lease car your jag came through a different channel at the dealership than a privately bought one might. My colleague's jag (he's had a succession of them, and yes, he lives and dies on the golf course) was pretty faultless on delivery but was a retail purchase.

Some of the comments on "the other forum" are pretty typical of that place and the mentality of some R drivers but surely you have to give the dealership chance to rectify these things first?
Yes it's a £40k car but it's still mass produced and British to boot so I'd not expect German build quality.
But you'd expect the dealership selling supposedly prestige cars to PDI them properly in regards to the boot. Electrical issues are just a sign of the times with cheap throwaway electronics bought en masse by manufacturers.
Once they've had a few goes at fixing the faults then maybe it's a different story - possibly more a sign of a bad dealership than a duff car if it gets to that stage.
At least it's just fixable things, not major paint mismatches or wonky panels.

Still hugely annoying and disappointing, don't get me wrong. I'd be really peed off with the car too.

Or maybe, as ever, R400 has it just right!
« Last Edit: 08 January 2016, 05:16 by Exonian »
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #15 on: 08 January 2016, 07:11 »
One of my customers has the same model Jag in black. His cost him over £60.000.
It is being replaced due to appalling paint work less than 4 weeks after purchase, so it can be done and in my opinion, should be done.
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #16 on: 08 January 2016, 08:04 »

I'll move this to general then, plenty of helpful people outside the mk7 section.  :wink:
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #17 on: 08 January 2016, 08:10 »
I always think it's difficult to 'bond' with a car when it has lots of faults early on in it's life, no matter how niggly some of them may be.  Even if some can be rectified I think you often don't feel the same about it as you would a fault free (from the off) car.  If it's at all possible I would try and push for a replacement.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline VWB

• Not said much yet
« Reply #18 on: 08 January 2016, 09:09 »
It's sad that it takes away from your new car feeling so special. I'd go back again but politely tell them that if its not sorted out properly or there are any more faults you'd be looking at getting a new car. Might focus their mind a little!

Offline remlapeel

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 08 January 2016, 10:16 »
That's exactly my problem, I love my Golf so changing it for something else is difficult enough without it being full of faults. The camera and parking sensor issue nearly caused me to crash and I can no longer trust them.

The car is good and I have said to the dealer I want a replacement for a similar car as I can't trust this one, but basically been told to do one.....

I am currently studying a third degree in law so I'm aware of the new consumer rights act, but don't want to go in heavy handed. I just want what I paid for, which was a new top quality premium car. Nothing more, nothing less
2015 MK7 Golf R 3 door, DSG, lapiz blue, 19" wheels, winter pack, keyless entry, dynaudio and high beam assist.