Author Topic: !!! AD's GTI !!! New owner on here??  (Read 60091 times)

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
Re: AD's GTI sanding sanding and more sanding
« Reply #40 on: 07 August 2012, 16:18 »
Nice little touch, although will hardly be seen to be appreciated.

Offline AD1.8T

• I live here
« Reply #41 on: 07 August 2012, 16:20 »
Mehh i was bored and had it lying around so for the sake of 10-15 mins and stopping me going insane from not doing anything lol :grin:

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #42 on: 07 August 2012, 16:43 »
Mehh i was bored and had it lying around so for the sake of 10-15 mins and stopping me going insane from not doing anything lol :grin:

:grin: Fair enough...

I must say it's come on a long way since you got, back then it looked pretty nasty!... Looking loads better.

Offline AD1.8T

• I live here
« Reply #43 on: 07 August 2012, 17:16 »
Cheers mate, when i brought it i thought it looked hideous aswell but i knew it was only a few things that i could sort simply by going to a scrappy (it was just a huge pot of luck i found a anni to be fair) ! The service history, maintenance and wallet full of reciepts was the reason i brought it (although i didnt pick up on the fact it never had the cam belt done) the paint WAS imaculate aswell. I actually have the reciepts for the tacky front and rear lights and the wheels i was shocked at how much they cost ..... The original owner had the car for a couple of months then brought them  :sick: he was obviously stuck in the 90s style of modding  :grin:

Offline AD1.8T

• I live here
Re: !!! AD's GTI !!! Weitec goodness coming soon :)
« Reply #44 on: 21 September 2012, 18:22 »
Bit of a pointless update but ive decide to upgrade the joms to some new weitecs from awesome managed to get a massive chunk of money knocked off them which is allways nice and il be ordering them either end of next week or the first week of october my joms are for sale in the classifieds for anyone interested :whistle:

Offline AD1.8T

• I live here
Re: !!! AD's GTI !!! Weitecs coming soon :D
« Reply #45 on: 15 October 2012, 09:59 »
Couple of updates consisting of weitecs, bags (kinda  :laugh:), full service and polybushes

Brought these ....

Contained this.....

Take these....

To make these ...

All wrapped up

Powerflex dogbone lasted 200 miles i hated it !

No pictures of any of the servicing but i done alot pick up pipe, plugs, filters, oil, coolant and fitted a diesel center section as mine was rotten !

Offline AD1.8T

• I live here
I seriously suck at updating this build lol heres the main things that happened in the last 4 months !

Votex front and rear [:D]

Offline AD1.8T

• I live here
After waiting what felt like forever for the gauge to turn up its finally done and all back together ! Pictures are the best thing for a build thread so here they are ...

when i first got the pod i wasn't too happy that the pods material was sooo different to the headliner but now its all together im not to fussed but still for near on £60 youd expect it to be as similar to the same thing as possible.

and 1 at eye level nice and discreet isnt as distractive as i thought it would be !

Offline AD1.8T

• I live here
Right where to start :D the first new thing shall be the side skirts as mentioned above im still working on the butchered one but you can only see the damage when the doors done so it doesnt look to rough in its everyday guise :)

excuse the dirty pictures taken with the iphone camera which is crap to say the least i need to find the girlfriends camera and give the car a clean!

so yeah side skirts

As i gave my old anni handbrake to chris on edition my normal black one felt abit dull so i cracked out the needle and grey cotton and ended up with this ...

The gear gaitor got the same treatment cant see it to well but its going to get replaced with a R item anyway !

Stupidly expensive mats were delivered to me as again they went with the anni seats, the quality of them is very good nice and thick :) only downfall is that the grey trim in the pictured looked identical to the seats in person ..... Not so much ! Excuse the dirtyness i never took the picture straight away and my drives quite dusty.

After 3rd time lucky i got some faux suede which is a bang on match so this happened

And i took a page out of simon1.8ts book as the all grey plastics was abit ummm butt ugly !

more to come .....

Offline AD1.8T

• I live here
Soooo ......

the seats them selves there in very good condition drivers bolster is abit worn but hardly noticeable

obviously being R:. Seats there heated so i went on the hunt for some switches which was a result at a scrappy ! and ordered up my kufatec loom which come to £60 odd from the motherland i was expecting a good 5/7 day delivery time ..... 2 bloody days they took to get here i was shocked !!!

And finally after a very long wait and a set ruined i took a little drive to Chris-gtis house to pick up his old mg alloys! It made sense as there a similar colour to what i was going for and they had tyres so win win really ! A decent lad whos golf is absolutely awesome such a tidy example !

As i said earlier il give her a clean tomoz and get some decent pictures when the weathers abit brighter

oh and finally a tiny xmas present i got which i refused to put on until i got the wheels ..... Doubt they will last long around where i live with the amount of kids !