Author Topic: Castle Combe Track Day  (Read 14485 times)

Offline Vdubgirl

• Not said much yet
Re:Castle Combe Track Day
« Reply #20 on: 17 April 2004, 12:01 »
Hummm well I'm not sure I have either of those lol  ;)

Veedubgt18v

« Reply #21 on: 17 April 2004, 12:07 »
plain loony would suffice tho............. :P

Offline Vdubgirl

• Not said much yet
« Reply #22 on: 17 April 2004, 19:41 »
Loony is my middle name  ;D

Offline 8vgti

• Here all the time
« Reply #23 on: 19 April 2004, 14:22 »
So who's going this saturday then, just so I know what cars to look out for??

Offline danhock

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 20 April 2004, 12:54 »
i'll be there.
All opinions expressed in this mail are wholey owned by danhock and are not representative of golfgti.co.uk or it affliates.If you disagree with my comments please note that i do not give a f**k ?2005

Offline 8vgti

• Here all the time
« Reply #25 on: 20 April 2004, 13:24 »
i'll be there.

I will keep an eye out for your motor. Are you going on the track?

Offline danhock

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 20 April 2004, 14:00 »
havent bought a track pass...
Motor isnt really ready, brakes arent working how they should as ive just fitted new shoes and pads.
All opinions expressed in this mail are wholey owned by danhock and are not representative of golfgti.co.uk or it affliates.If you disagree with my comments please note that i do not give a f**k ?2005

Offline richierich998

• Not said much yet
« Reply #27 on: 23 April 2004, 16:45 »
I'll be going but wont be on the track tho, still looking for a set of track-day wheels and tyres

Offline Zoid

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #28 on: 27 May 2004, 21:04 »
I just signed up for the track day at Castle CombeSaturday on the July 24, I'm really looking forward to it!
I'm only in a slow old 8v and it will be my first ever track day so go easy on me  :)
I plan to see out the Toyo's on the front as they will need replacing soon anyway, I'm also thinking of fitting some Eibach antiroll bars, should make it a little more interesting for me on the day and hopefull I won't hold up following cars so much through the corners  ;)
What sort of mix of cars will be there, I know it's only VW group, but is it mainly only modified, or will there be many standards cars there, and any good advice?
« Last Edit: 27 May 2004, 21:08 by Zoid »

Offline 8vgti

• Here all the time
« Reply #29 on: 02 June 2004, 13:42 »
Not able to make the track day in July, but am going to the one on 12th June....open to any car. When I have spectated at the VW track days there is a mix of cars, from standard to race prepared (VW Cup Beetle/Vento). Wouldnt worry about your Golf as I have seen polos and all sorts going round!! For a first time track day I would say it is pretty good as there seems to be a lot of 'sensible' drivers, as opposed to the Action days in April and May where you get some idiots...but they then provide the entertainment for spectators when they stuff it into the tyre wall!!