Author Topic: Looking after TDI 150 2002  (Read 767 times)

Offline ben1984

• Just got here
Looking after TDI 150 2002
« on: 21 May 2008, 12:20 »
I have a Golf Mk4 2002 150 and it has now done 115,000 miles. Does anyone know of anywhere decent in or around North Wales I could take it where they could do it up and replace any parts on it to get it running as close as it can to like when it was new.
I like the car and would rather spend money on new parts than get rid of it. I have a local garage where I get services but they only seem to be interested in taking a fortune off me for services and MOT's.
Has anyone else here done anything like this and do you have any tips?

Cheers.

Offline Ridg

• I live here
  • TDI - Soot Happens!
Re: Looking after TDI 150 2002
« Reply #1 on: 21 May 2008, 12:48 »
have you experienced a noticeable drop in the performance of the car then, i've also got a 2002 TDI 150, mines only on 95k though, and i've not really noticed any drops in performance (had her from 65K)

might be worth getting yours on a rolling road, as it could just be that you're used to the power.

in terms of a "rebuild" off the top of my head, you would be looking at a new clutch, new injectors, new cam (your cam belts will need to be done on 120k anyway), your turbo should be find but you could upgrade that to a 200 bhp + one, could be worth replacing all the pipe work on the intercooler too.

all depends on how much money you want to spend, as none of these are cheap.

i'd probably start with the pipe work, then clutch, then turbo

can't help with places in north wales.

Offline ben1984

• Just got here
Re: Looking after TDI 150 2002
« Reply #2 on: 21 May 2008, 15:17 »
Cheers for the help. The car seems ok but I want her running at 100%, it's the only car I have had that is worth looking after. The engine seems to be a bit more noisey but I guess that is just down to the milage. Think I may have a problem with suspension as when I hit bumps there is a loud thud coming from the reat of the car. I can't really afford to be without my car because I need it for work, it has not let me down yet and I want to keep it running well.