Author Topic: MK 6 GTI on 5th Gear  (Read 30121 times)

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
Re: MK 6 GTI on 5th Gear
« Reply #150 on: 09 July 2009, 14:59 »
You make a point Kev  :undecided:

I just got wound up with tunnel vision view of MK5 owners not liking the MK6 (which isnt true) and no matter how many times I try and explain you didn't listen but thats petty now and ages ago.

I apologise, and as I said earlier, I want to play my part and try and keep the atmosphere good here, but it has to be a 2 way thing. I have checked over my posts the past few days and I have been talked to decently by people and have had no problems with anything or anyone. then i get some little cockend telling me i aint got a job and questioning how I manage my time ? Yet again, I'm the bad one, I'm told to calm down, and yet that tw-at and the others get their laughs and kicks from it while getting away scott free.

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline jreed110

• Not said much yet
« Reply #151 on: 09 July 2009, 15:28 »
Ha I'm sorry if I started it up again, hadn't been on for a few days so it was my first comment having read some of Kev's ridiculous statments. Kev to be honest I haven't seen anyone swear at you online or call you a 'cockend'. Based on how you come across I was just questioning some of your statements, as you appear to be either the most immature 30 something year old going or a a twelve year old posing as something else. I mean seriously, read your last post, it sounds like your whinging to mummy and daddy that life's not fair!

On a side note if you do actually work you have one kick ass job being paid to post on here all day long, I'm secretly just jealous I have to actually work for my money.

Offline Rolfe

• I live here
« Reply #152 on: 09 July 2009, 15:51 »
Never, never overestimate the difficulty of posting on a forum when your actual job requires you to be sitting at a computer typing stuff.

Rolfe.

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
« Reply #153 on: 09 July 2009, 15:54 »
Ha I'm sorry if I started it up again, hadn't been on for a few days so it was my first comment having read some of Kev's ridiculous statments. Kev to be honest I haven't seen anyone swear at you online or call you a 'cockend'. Based on how you come across I was just questioning some of your statements, as you appear to be either the most immature 30 something year old going or a a twelve year old posing as something else. I mean seriously, read your last post, it sounds like your whinging to mummy and daddy that life's not fair!

On a side note if you do actually work you have one kick ass job being paid to post on here all day long, I'm secretly just jealous I have to actually work for my money.

It's ok, there's a bit of a habit of people conveniently browsing past the trolls posts for my replies, so its very easy to miss. I was called a tosser in this very thread, you obviously didnt look very hard.

As I said, I wont explain myself again to anyone here, so of course feel free to think what you like.

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline p3eps

• I live here
« Reply #154 on: 09 July 2009, 16:52 »
Wow!!!
I trawled through this thread hoping that someone would have put a youtube link to the 5th Gear show or something, and have read some amount of twaddle instead!

Its amazing how someone can get so wound up by people not saying the same things as them about a car that they 'may' buy one day!  Personally I did own an ED30 which was written off fairly recently, and am in the market for a new car.  I test drove a mk6 GTI, but it didnt really appeal much to me.  The car looks nice, the interior seems to be better quality (although its cheaper to make?!), but it didn't seem to have the same power or fun to drive.  I'd rather get something that was a progressive step forward from my ED30, and I don't really feel the mk6 is 'much' of a step forward.  I did love the reverse camera though!!!

Scirocco R for me  :evil:
Hopefully a good bit quicker, more aggressively styled, and probably not THAT much more cash than a decently specced mk6 GTI.
Golf R... 3 door, DSG, Leather, Reflex Silver, Black 19" Talladega Wheels, ACC, Parking Sensors, RNS510 with Dynaudio, Reverse Camera, Luxury Pack, Cruise Control & Fiscon Bluetooth.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #155 on: 09 July 2009, 17:41 »
The link was posted on page 6 by Max Q    :wink:  Before the thread descended into the usual mk6 forum war.

I've test driven a couple mk6s now and I can't say they appeal that much to me. Incidentally one dealer I was courting offered me their Demo for £21k (nearly standard spec) and yet my local SEAT dealer offered me their demo Leon Cupra for under £16k. The SEAT dealer offered me a better price on my Golf too. I think I know where my money's going.........the new GTI is nice but it ain't £5k plus nice over the Leon and it ain't £12k nicer than my mk5!!!!!!

I await the abuse..........
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline topher

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • fully functioning
« Reply #156 on: 09 July 2009, 17:50 »
Cut the rubbish out please guys, it's all getting a bit tedious innit.

Thread appears to be over so I'm locking it. Play nice from now on or I start clicking the big red button :evil: