Author Topic: Those with a remap, who did you go with? Who do you think are best?  (Read 14812 times)

Offline 7MAT

• Forum Supporter
  • GTI forum regular
My 7.5 GTI has gone into Riemans today for the uprated organic Sachs clutch and Racingline stage 1 OEM+ software.

I've only done 17,000 miles from new but the clutch already shows signs of slippage and the flywheel was knackered, so also being replaced. Just shows how weak the manual clutch's are in our cars.

Anyway … can't wait to pick her up later. Will report back with my findings once I've had a good drive!

I Finally got around to having the Racingline Stage 1 OEM+ map installed last Thursday.

Super smooth and stock like but with some serious extra pace. Overall, I couldn’t be happier.

As promised Matt from Racingline added extra pops and bangs which is switchable using the sports mode button.

When activated I get lovely bangs just like a DSG fart at full throttle gear changes and on the overrun I get lovely crackles. I must admit it’s very additive, for how long I don’t know but then it is switchable.
MK7.5 Golf GTI Performance, 3 door, Issac Blue, DCC, Manual. Racingline Stage 1 OEM+, Remus Exhaust system, Sache Performance Clutch.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
My 7.5 GTI has gone into Riemans today for the uprated organic Sachs clutch and Racingline stage 1 OEM+ software.

I've only done 17,000 miles from new but the clutch already shows signs of slippage and the flywheel was knackered, so also being replaced. Just shows how weak the manual clutch's are in our cars.

Anyway … can't wait to pick her up later. Will report back with my findings once I've had a good drive!

I Finally got around to having the Racingline Stage 1 OEM+ map installed last Thursday.

Super smooth and stock like but with some serious extra pace. Overall, I couldn’t be happier.

As promised Matt from Racingline added extra pops and bangs which is switchable using the sports mode button.

When activated I get lovely bangs just like a DSG fart at full throttle gear changes and on the overrun I get lovely crackles. I must admit it’s very additive, for how long I don’t know but then it is switchable.

Good feedback :afro:

I like the idea of switchable sound effects. Rather than permanent rally car noise you can employ the “there’s a time and a place” attitude.

‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
  • Housemusic aint for everybody,only the sexy people

Where

Where did you get the map if you don't mind me asking? What was the cost?
BW3 2018... 7.5 Oryx White R Estate, Black mirrors and rails, Dynaudio, Rear Cam, Climate Screen, 90% tints

Offline 7MAT

• Forum Supporter
  • GTI forum regular

Where

Where did you get the map if you don't mind me asking? What was the cost?

I bought mine from www.riemans.co.uk who are my local Racingline dealer. Only paid around £450 as I bought it in the black Friday sale last year.

Check out https://www.racingline.com/dealers to see if you have a dealer local to you.
MK7.5 Golf GTI Performance, 3 door, Issac Blue, DCC, Manual. Racingline Stage 1 OEM+, Remus Exhaust system, Sache Performance Clutch.

Offline Ryan90GTI

• I live here
Do you have a printout of the graph comparing it to stock? Can't find much on the OEM+ map.

Offline 7MAT

• Forum Supporter
  • GTI forum regular
Do you have a printout of the graph comparing it to stock? Can't find much on the OEM+ map.

Sadly not, although was told depending on fuel quality my car should be developing around 320bhp.

Offline Jdm owner

• Not said much yet
I've been running APR software for over 2 years.No issues and happy with the overall product.

I was informed that the standard clutch wouldn't hold out and was replaced ASAP.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
For those interested, spotted this post on VRS Northampton’s Instagram..

Mk7.5 GTI P with APR stage 1 - 324bhp!  :cool:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvJ6JinAYFS/?igshid=1ne3hru3e90mi
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline hobbes22

• GTI forum regular
Holy crap! 324 bhp? he must be well chuffed, plus the springs etc.  :cool: :cool:
Sold - Octavia 2.0 PD Tdi. Shark remap. EGR Delete. Decat. H&R Shocks. Hybrid Turbo.

Sold - 2016 GTI PP, Manual. Pure White. Keyless.

Current - GTI Performance, DSG, Isaac Blue, Brescia 19”.

Offline Ryan90GTI

• I live here
So I finally got the opportunity to go out in a stage 2 GTI on Monday by total chance. During a steady drive I noticed that my car was considerably slower than the grey one with the black prets in the picture below. We pulled over to talk and admire each others cars and that's when I found out it was running APR stage 2 software on top of a number of hardware mods - me being me I asked if it was ok to go for a ride, so we did.

We then went to Haz Motorsport in Dewsbury where they offer various Racingline products including remaps. The owner talked me through stage 1 and stage 2 maps for the GTI when he mentioned his own S3 was running stage 3 including Racingline's stage 3 brake setup. The S3 was savage, especially from a standing start and it stopped just as good.

I think a stage 1 remap would be perfect for how I use the car and also I'm not keen on going overkill on the mods. I like to keep things subtle.

340 bhp GTI, 490 bhp S3, 230 bhp GTI.