Author Topic: Vag.com lead and VCDs question...............  (Read 2265 times)

Offline lee-GTI-T

• Not said much yet
  • mk4 GTI Turbo 150bhp ARZ
Vag.com lead and VCDs question...............
« on: 04 June 2011, 19:21 »
has anyone else bought a vagcom lead and the software disc to do there own fault finding as i have done but i cant get any joy with it at all , it says its connected ok and the interface is ok but when i try to scan it cant do it??? its getting a bit frustrating now and was that someone could help me out please  :laugh:
cheers
VW is in my blood !

Offline bobbieboy69er

• Here all the time
  • MK4 1.8T AUM
Re: Vag.com lead and VCDs question...............
« Reply #1 on: 04 June 2011, 20:26 »
I initally had problems with mine, it was all down to drivers and com port settings.  Im sure someone local will be here to help soon.  If not, try downloading the software from Rosstech and follow their step by step instructions.
MK4 1.8T AUM|30mm Eibach Springs|Milltek cat back|4mo rear valance|pipercross filter|R-tech Stage 1 Remap|Baileys DV|Powerflex Front and Rear Bushes|312mm Front Brakes|Creation Motorsport TIP and hoses|17" TT Ronals|  220BHP

Offline lee-GTI-T

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 05 June 2011, 08:19 »
I initally had problems with mine, it was all down to drivers and com port settings.  Im sure someone local will be here to help soon.  If not, try downloading the software from Rosstech and follow their step by step instructions.
thanks mate , will give it a go  :wink:
VW is in my blood !

Offline lee-GTI-T

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 05 June 2011, 20:20 »
ive finally managed to get the software to fully install with alot of hasstle but ive got there in the end , does anyone know if you can decifer what they all mean as i have the codes and there abreviations but not sure where to go from here???
VW is in my blood !

Offline bobbieboy69er

• Here all the time
  • MK4 1.8T AUM
« Reply #4 on: 06 June 2011, 00:49 »
i just smash the code in the search on here and see what comes up (most things are covered) or just google the fault code, you'll be supprised how many websites are out there..... Rosstech wiki does cover most but some aren't very detailed.

Good luck!
MK4 1.8T AUM|30mm Eibach Springs|Milltek cat back|4mo rear valance|pipercross filter|R-tech Stage 1 Remap|Baileys DV|Powerflex Front and Rear Bushes|312mm Front Brakes|Creation Motorsport TIP and hoses|17" TT Ronals|  220BHP