Author Topic: Well I'm calling this extreme GTI 16V makeover LOL!  (Read 98100 times)

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
Re: Well I'm calling this extreme GTI 16V makeover LOL!
« Reply #90 on: 17 November 2010, 11:03 »
been away, just cathing up....  Stick whatever on wheel wise for now and make your mind up properly for the spring!... because you're not going to sell it yet..... right!?

haaa Shaun yeah I can keep the bailifs off my back until next year  :grin:
I still have so much money to throw at this yet  :laugh:
Jay

I know what you're saying!.......  Plus the missus wants more done to the house now....  She always has some good idea's but they always empty my pocket at the wrong time!  :sad:

Offline clipperjay

• I live here
« Reply #91 on: 17 November 2010, 11:05 »
One of my clients has a litigation issues, which my company doesn't get paid untill its resolved, other wise this project would have a few more pages by now :wink:

Offline clipperjay

• I live here
« Reply #92 on: 22 November 2010, 14:51 »
Well I'm now satisfied that the new Rad has completely changed the way I feel about the engine bay!
She fired up ok and took a while to get up to full running temps. The temperature never crept over 94C so it’s doing the job nicely!
Did notice some foam from the expansion cap and thought that the new Alu rad might have had some detergent in it should have flushed it out, but ended up buying more ionized water and anti freeze.
Can you believe it 5 liters is now £5  :shocked: I used to buy 25 liters for £10 last year!   

Oh yeah the new firewall shield is now back where it belongs it does get hot on that plate!

Offline Peej1981

• I live here
  • Its Whats Under The Hood That Counts........
« Reply #93 on: 22 November 2010, 14:54 »
Looking good, i do like engine bays when they have lots of nice clean and shiny parts  :grin: :grin:

Id Rather Push A VW Then Drive A Ford. 

www.bombercountydubs.co.uk

Offline clipperjay

• I live here
« Reply #94 on: 22 November 2010, 14:55 »
Looking good, i do like engine bays when they have lots of nice clean and shiny parts  :grin: :grin:
Thanks Kai!  :cool:

Offline Peej1981

• I live here
« Reply #95 on: 22 November 2010, 14:59 »
So whats the next stage for your car?

Offline clipperjay

• I live here
« Reply #96 on: 22 November 2010, 15:07 »
Just got geniune VW rivots the heads are wider than standard ones plus they are coated in black paint of some kind! My arches are cut already and TBH its helped to stop rust or water being trapped behind there!
So need to drill out four old rivots then fit up the new wheel arch then cut at the top to match the rest of them. After that the bumper can go back on (still need to dremel some holes for the fogs) Missing the looms to the fogs though.
The Boot lid still needs paint and I have a big scratch on the QTR pannel was hoping to get these done after winter I can't do anything without these two:
Funds
Warm weather   :laugh:
Still to go drop all suspension and brake hubs, thought about cleaning up the calipers I'm just not sure what colour paint to use either? :undecided:

Offline Sam

• I live here
  • Sam I am
« Reply #97 on: 22 November 2010, 15:27 »
Me want rad!!! Also want a new merc intercooler. There is nothing wrong with the old one other than it looks like it was found in a skip  :shocked:

The entire world is a Money Pit, you just have to pick yours.

Offline clipperjay

• I live here
« Reply #98 on: 22 November 2010, 15:29 »
Yeah my old rad still works, but looks like it was manufactured from a used skip.
Did you have any luck on bidding on the other Rads fella?
Chunkyness is greatlyness  :cool:

Offline Peej1981

• I live here
« Reply #99 on: 22 November 2010, 15:36 »
mmm as for colour on the calipers i went for red with mine but that was mostly down to the lack of funds to buy another colour and i already had red in my shed  :laugh: but i do like to be a bit different so i would have liked Lambo lime green, do like gold though. I suppose it is really down to what looks good against the colour of your car.
Looks like you have got your hands full with what is left to do, it is coming on though, looking forward to sseing it all done. Caistor why dont you get a intercooler like mine or do you want one that is as big as yours? Paid £70 for mine, brand new and all nice and shiny  :grin: