Author Topic: Well I'm calling this extreme GTI 16V makeover LOL!  (Read 97405 times)

Offline clipperjay

• I live here
Re: Well I'm calling this extreme GTI 16V makeover LOL!
« Reply #80 on: 13 November 2010, 18:18 »
I like them. Bigger breaks would make them not look so big though. Can you get bigger breaks on the back aswell or is it just front sets??

You can get MK4 rears makes no difference in braking power except in the handbrake feel... it feels more squeeshy thats all!
:wink:

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #81 on: 13 November 2010, 18:40 »
R u keeping this or selling it on, cos that obv makes the decision on what you do to it. I.e big brakes

Offline clipperjay

• I live here
« Reply #82 on: 13 November 2010, 18:44 »
R u keeping this or selling it on, cos that obv makes the decision on what you do to it. I.e big brakes

Thats the internal question..........!
I've lost the passion to get it on the road as its winter, but I know its no where near what I want to do with it.
Come spring if things get better money wise I think I might keep it. If someone offers a good price now till then I'll just get rid of it.
Sometimes its the building/saving I love more  :smiley:

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #83 on: 13 November 2010, 18:50 »
Hmmm I see well. I would say keep the 17s on it and in spring if money allows go for big breaks and go as low as you can. Then it will look like smaller wheels are on it. Haha. And I would personally keep it. But that's just because I love old vw golfs and if I could I would restore them every second of everyday. :)

Offline martinb

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #84 on: 13 November 2010, 21:30 »
loving what you have done with this so far Jay...I know how you feel, i always lose my enthusiasm a bit when it gets cold but im not making the same mistake i made with the Corrado and getting rid again!

really good thread dude, stick with it - you have already given me some fresh inspiration with this thread, particularly to tidy up my grotty engine bay!

Martin  :smiley:

Offline Jimmy Filth

• I live here
« Reply #85 on: 14 November 2010, 12:04 »
As far as wheels go, I'm all about banded steels at the minute.  Of course if you're looking to take teh car on a track these aren't the best option....

What about the Schmidt TH in a 16?  It would put the car on a good stance...
7R 5 door.  Limestone Grey.  19" Pretoria's, Leather, DCC, Winter pack, keyless entry, rear camera.

Offline Diamond Hell

• Serious forum addict
  • Opinions я Us
« Reply #86 on: 14 November 2010, 12:16 »

Oooh, that set my BENDer alarm ringing.

Build, Engineer, Not Drive.  :grin:
Just because you're offended doesn't make you right.

Holiday cottages on the Isle of Wight for 2-10 people? PM me.

Offline clipperjay

• I live here
« Reply #87 on: 14 November 2010, 20:28 »
loving what you have done with this so far Jay...I know how you feel, i always lose my enthusiasm a bit when it gets cold but im not making the same mistake i made with the Corrado and getting rid again!

really good thread dude, stick with it - you have already given me some fresh inspiration with this thread, particularly to tidy up my grotty engine bay!

Martin  :smiley:

Thanks mate didn't even know you sold the Corrado, I liked that mellow yellow the last time I saw you!

As far as wheels go, I'm all about banded steels at the minute.  Of course if you're looking to take teh car on a track these aren't the best option....

What about the Schmidt TH in a 16?  It would put the car on a good stance...

It had some Schmidts on it before, but curently on some old steelies for rolling road purposes and winter blues!

Oooh, that set my BENDer alarm ringing.

Build, Engineer, Not Drive.  :grin:

That sounds like a challenge on a track then  :rolleyes:

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #88 on: 17 November 2010, 10:56 »
been away, just cathing up....  Stick whatever on wheel wise for now and make your mind up properly for the spring!... because you're not going to sell it yet..... right!?

Offline clipperjay

• I live here
« Reply #89 on: 17 November 2010, 10:59 »
been away, just cathing up....  Stick whatever on wheel wise for now and make your mind up properly for the spring!... because you're not going to sell it yet..... right!?

haaa Shaun yeah I can keep the bailifs off my back until next year  :grin:
I still have so much money to throw at this yet  :laugh:
Jay