Author Topic: Well I'm calling this extreme GTI 16V makeover LOL!  (Read 97384 times)

Offline clipperjay

• I live here
Re: Well I'm calling this extreme GTI 16V makeover LOL!
« Reply #70 on: 13 November 2010, 10:31 »
Guys I'm going to stick my old Oz's 17" on but not sure if they will look right? they did on the rallye but not sure on the Atlas?

Offline lewis1641

• I live here
  • stuck in the 90's
« Reply #71 on: 13 November 2010, 12:32 »
with rerspect dude i'm not mad keen on those

tis your motor though

Offline cняis

• I live here
  • Know there's something burning over there...
« Reply #72 on: 13 November 2010, 13:23 »
Guys I'm going to stick my old Oz's 17" on but not sure if they will look right? they did on the rallye but not sure on the Atlas?

hmmm im not sure they even suited the rallye... sorry jay  :lipsrsealed: *please dont beat me*

I don't think a semi will give the same results

Offline Jimmy Filth

• I live here
« Reply #73 on: 13 November 2010, 14:42 »
I'm another that isn't a fan of those wheels on that car.  Your ride your choice dude. As has been said a million times before if we all liked the same thing it'd be a boring world.
7R 5 door.  Limestone Grey.  19" Pretoria's, Leather, DCC, Winter pack, keyless entry, rear camera.

Offline dan_apps

• I live here
  • too low for british roads!
« Reply #74 on: 13 November 2010, 14:48 »
loved them on ur rallye jay but 17's on a std mk2 i dont know, doesnt have the same body lines and whenever i see wheels that big on a std mk2 it just doesnt look right.

Offline mwep201081

• Here all the time
« Reply #75 on: 13 November 2010, 14:49 »
I like the wheels. Can you get a photo of one on the Atlas?

I think the 17s I've got on mine don't look too bad either

Offline clipperjay

• I live here
« Reply #76 on: 13 November 2010, 15:27 »
I'm not sure either its just they looked ok on the Rallye with 8J they are 7J by the way!
Which is why they looked lost behind the Rallye arches.
Just thought instead of buying new alloys I could just reuse these and lower the stance on the collies.

The multi spoke might look out of place on the MK2 no angular lines to off set it? Plus no massive porker calipers to take it away either @ ET38 I could get 310mm discs again, but done that got the T shirt...etc mmmmm?

Opinions more than wellcome on this thread, after all my judgment may very well be miss guided  :smiley:    :grin:

Offline cняis

• I live here
  • Know there's something burning over there...
« Reply #77 on: 13 November 2010, 18:03 »
I'm not sure either its just they looked ok on the Rallye with 8J they are 7J by the way!
Which is why they looked lost behind the Rallye arches.
Just thought instead of buying new alloys I could just reuse these and lower the stance on the collies.

The multi spoke might look out of place on the MK2 no angular lines to off set it? Plus no massive porker calipers to take it away either @ ET38 I could get 310mm discs again, but done that got the T shirt...etc mmmmm?

Opinions more than wellcome on this thread, after all my judgment may very well be miss guided  :smiley:    :grin:

i think constructive criticism is great, its when people b!tch or moan and get nasty when there's no need for it  :sick:

how about some banded G60's? there are 2 sets for sale on here  :smiley: (i want a set!)

I don't think a semi will give the same results

Offline clipperjay

• I live here
« Reply #78 on: 13 November 2010, 18:15 »
Well there is a set of ATS cups going cheap, but don't want to spend cash as two kids and chrismo coming up fast.
I see expensive bills with work going quiet over the festive period Chris?
It needs four new tyres Pzero neros @ £100 a corner for 17"'s :rolleyes:
I have been offered my old Rallye ones back, but he wants about £200 Right colour! :smiley:
:undecided:

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #79 on: 13 November 2010, 18:16 »
I like them. Bigger breaks would make them not look so big though. Can you get bigger breaks on the back aswell or is it just front sets??