Author Topic: Well I'm calling this extreme GTI 16V makeover LOL!  (Read 97326 times)

Offline clipperjay

• I live here
Re: Well I'm calling this extreme GTI 16V makeover LOL!
« Reply #60 on: 03 November 2010, 16:53 »
yeah some places the metal was thin but nothing to worry about!
The water sits between the flat spot on the boot to spare wheel its like a few drops a night, but its coming through somewhere? I still think its the rear wiper mount I'm going to take it off and see if there is rust behind it.
I'm waiting for parts like the gaskets for the lock and light housing, also the new square pegs for the self tappers which are going to be stainless ones to replace the old steel ones.
 I'm consdering filling up both reg holes and just have stick on plates like the Rallye its cleaner and I wouldn't need to worry about any more holes for water to go down. But spending more money on a set of plates for the MOT.
I'm curently hunting for a set of new light housing clear plastics as VAG made these obsolite  :rolleyes:
I've got slight cracking on the plastics and at some point the bulb had sat on the plastic melting it slightly.
Did have to drill out two pegs and screws well rusted on thought I might have to snap the reg plate at one point I hate body work give me engine work anytime!
Still got wheel arch to do, but peeled it back and have nice solid arches thank god!

:cool:

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #61 on: 03 November 2010, 17:07 »
Not all bad news. When I took my front srches off I had a nice 10p hole. Ur storming on with fixin the valver good job mate

Offline dubsport

• I live here
  • TDI POWAR!
« Reply #62 on: 03 November 2010, 17:07 »
What a build!!

Can't believe how fast your getting things done mate! Top Job :afro:

Offline clipperjay

• I live here
« Reply #63 on: 03 November 2010, 17:11 »
Not all bad news. When I took my front srches off I had a nice 10p hole. Ur storming on with fixin the valver good job mate

I only get scared when wings come off and you see the Qtr between the window and drain point on the outer chassis legs  :lipsrsealed:

What a build!!

Can't believe how fast your getting things done mate! Top Job :afro:

Haaa I work some nights till way past early hours, so have some daylight in the morning to crack on but its knackering just to pick up the tools  :wink:

Offline clipperjay

• I live here
« Reply #64 on: 08 November 2010, 10:45 »
Well not much has gone on due to wet weather.
The wheel arch has arrived and needs repair  :rolleyes: before it goes on the car
The issues at the moment is the paint application I'm thinking of buying an airbrush kit and just use that on the boot section?
Some good news the Rad has arrived today and very pleased with it!  :cool:

Offline Martz

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #65 on: 08 November 2010, 10:53 »
Coming along nicely Jay. Did'nt realise you had this?

Offline clipperjay

• I live here
« Reply #66 on: 08 November 2010, 11:00 »
Yeah the Rallye left me a big oll hole!
This came up cheap about the price of a 32" LCD TV  :grin:
But as you can see fella it needed some TLC and I'm getting there did all most of the body work in summer and now just found the tail gate leaking and rusting its put me back a month or two?
 :smiley:

Offline lewis1641

• I live here
  • stuck in the 90's
« Reply #67 on: 08 November 2010, 11:05 »
that radiator is sex

Offline clipperjay

• I live here
« Reply #69 on: 10 November 2010, 14:58 »
Well started today to filler and sand down, will need another thin coat of filler to finish it off, then tape it upto dry for 24 hours until it sets properly.  :smiley: