Author Topic: 'quick release' connection for parcel shelf speakers  (Read 4435 times)

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
'quick release' connection for parcel shelf speakers
« on: 18 September 2003, 17:17 »
i have been trying to find some sort of quick release connector for my rear speakers for a while now without luck.

basically i don't want to have to pull the speakers wires from the speakers when i want to remove my shelf. the speaker wires would instead run back to some form of connector which easily comes apart.

i have seen them before in other cars but yet to find a place that sells them. i think the peugeot 306 even has something similar as standard.

any ideas?

jv
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline stoat

• GTI forum regular
Re:'quick release' connection for parcel shelf speakers
« Reply #1 on: 18 September 2003, 17:43 »
You can buy them new from car audio places but I would not recomend them the more connections you have the more problems you get and you get a better signal with the fewer connections.
MK3 GTI 8V

Offline Dizzie

• Forum addict
  • Make friends with your fast
« Reply #2 on: 20 September 2003, 23:31 »
Halfords sell a 4 pin connector that you insert and twist and it locks. pull the catch back, twist and it comes out. I had one when I had 6x9's on the shelf. now they're gone it's used for my sub so I can remove it when I want my boot back.
Mk4 Golf 150PD

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 23 September 2003, 16:15 »
cheers dizzie, that sounds ideal :)

jv
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline modulater

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 23 September 2003, 19:55 »
I have a square connector on my Shelf that just pulls apart, you can buy them in halfords, made by autoleads I think.

The other one I have seen is the newtronic style of connector which has a spin ring that you twist to lock the connector together, more for builds I think where you need a sturdy connector. Available from maplins.

Offline Dizzie

• Forum addict
  • Make friends with your fast
« Reply #5 on: 24 September 2003, 10:38 »
nps JV

1 thing I love about the VW scene (apart from the best cars on our roads ;)) is that people are so friendly :)

I ain't the best bod when it comes to under the bonnet, but when it comes to electronics and stereos I know a thing or two :D

Mk4 Golf 150PD