Author Topic: 00537 Lambda Lower Limit...anyone ?  (Read 15063 times)

Offline Cooper_si

• Not said much yet
00537 Lambda Lower Limit...anyone ?
« on: 28 March 2010, 09:54 »
Hey peeps.

im getting a 00537 code on the car. Is killing fuel at the moment so im doing my rounds in checking the forums for the same faults. Ive done a search on here for the code 00537 but no joy. According to ross-tech it means the following....

00537 - Lambda (Oxygen Sensor) Regulation: Lower Limit
Possible Causes
Activated charcoal filter solenoid valve 1 (N80) leaking/sticking
Injector defective (not closing completely)
Fuel pressure regulator defective
Possible Solutions
Check charcoal filter solenoid valve 1 (N80)
Check injectors (N30...N33)
Check fuel pressure regulator
Category: Fault Codes

Has anyone any experiences in this....as ive nooooo idea how i can check described items :(

GOLF GTI 8v ADY
« Last Edit: 28 March 2010, 10:09 by Cooper_si »

Owned: 88 Polo GT Highly Modded (FBC), 91 Polo G40 Highly Modded (PPP), 90 Mk2 Golf Driver Modified (LWR)
NOW: 92 Mk3 Golf GTI 8v (KDD) no, i dont like the exhaust either lol

Offline VWstevo

• GTI forum regular
  • I feel The Need or Speed
Re: 00537 Lambda Lower Limit...anyone ?
« Reply #1 on: 28 March 2010, 10:10 »
Hey peeps.

im getting a 00537 code on the car. Is killing fuel at the moment so im doing my rounds in checking the forums for the same faults. Ive done a search on here for the code 00537 but no joy. According to ross-tech it means the following....

Possible Causes
Possible Solutions

Has anyone any experiences in this....as ive nooooo idea how i can check described items :(

Hi matey, I've got the same problem the 00537 code,so if you have any look then plase let me know. Thanks.

Steve

Offline Cooper_si

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 28 March 2010, 10:23 »
Hey peeps.

Possible Causes
Possible Solutions

Hi matey, I've got the same problem the 00537 code,so if you have any look then plase let me know. Thanks.

Steve

Mines a lower limit fault....so check to see if yours is an upper limit or lower limit problem....it`ll give you the same code eitherway

Owned: 88 Polo GT Highly Modded (FBC), 91 Polo G40 Highly Modded (PPP), 90 Mk2 Golf Driver Modified (LWR)

Offline leegt5

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 28 March 2010, 11:47 »
If the fault code is saying Lambda sensor then I'd say it's that, can you read the measuring blocks for the Lamda with whatever your using to get the fault code ?...

I had a faulty lambda which was showing as such on vagcom... And the car was over fueling and would cut out, replaced the lambda with a Bosch one from GSF, cleared the fault from the ECU and everything was fine again.

Offline Cooper_si

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 28 March 2010, 15:11 »
Vagcom says theres only a lambda fault if its an upper limit problem. However mines lower limit. Really odd. Might just do a lambda anyway, its money coming out of my wheel funds lol

Offline Cooper_si

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 28 March 2010, 16:45 »
ive faffed around for the last few hours trying to find whats wrong....its windy as flip and freezing cold....all to find it was the air mass meter i replaced only last week. Taking the plug off the mass meter it runs much cleaner. Fitted my OLD air mass meter cuz i replaced it just incase, long road test and its driving mint !! This could be fueling the car wrong giving a naff reading at the lambda....when i get to work tomoz i shall clear the fault codes and try again....hufffffff

Offline rubjonny

• 10k hero
  • Hello, my name is John and I'm a dub addict.
« Reply #6 on: 29 March 2010, 10:53 »
can rule out the charcoal canister by disconnecting the electrical plug, then disconnecting the hoses from it to the inlet manifold and blocking them at the inlet side. (i.e. no air leak) if its still the same you know its nothing to do with that.
Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

Offline javalin

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 29 March 2010, 19:21 »
You can test the evap valve as follows - Disconnect the pipe between the EVAP valve and the charcol canister. Start the engine and let it warm up. You'll hear the valve clicking and the engine will start to struggle as its breathing un-metered air in.  You can hear/feel air being sucked in too.
You only ever need two tools in life. If it moves and it shouldn't use Duct Tape. If it does not move and it should, use WD40.

Offline Andrey1989

• Just got here
« Reply #8 on: 16 September 2017, 19:10 »
hello
I have the same problem 00537 Lower Limit
how can I check my EVAP my car is 1.6 AKL engine 8 valve (seat cordoba 2001) manual transmission 5 speed
my valve canister connect with vacuum hose to throttle body when I disconnect electric connector from canister valve there nothing change and no error code...
« Last Edit: 16 September 2017, 19:14 by Andrey1989 »