Author Topic: Stealth Shelf and a Nice System  (Read 7969 times)

Offline Godzilla

• I live here
  • <<<VR6 MADNESS>>>
Re: Stealth Shelf and a Nice System
« Reply #10 on: 03 May 2008, 21:43 »
Sorry friend, they are for a MK2, my fault.

MK3 rear comp's. Im not the best with MK3's as I own a MK2 but im sure MK3's have rear door speakers. If this is the case then plant the mid/woofers in there and the tweets on the B pillar.  I would however get some good comps for up front and a 12" sub in the rear. If you need any help as in install please give me a PM, be more than happy to help, and your not to far from me.

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #13 on: 05 May 2008, 19:05 »
Can you arrange courier? Collect straight from his house, although you would need to ask him if you can do it and discuss payment. Worth a try though cause i dont see many grey ones around.

LL ;)

Offline Ashley

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 06 May 2008, 00:38 »
i spose it'd be worth a try..

ive just won http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/5529.html on ebay ( for £80, not bad imo) so im sorted for the subbage

im now after some decent components for the front (got roughly £60 - £70 to spend), any recommend anything?

Offline Len

• 10k hero
  • Guardian of the Seas, Protector of Waves
« Reply #15 on: 06 May 2008, 08:59 »
Infinity's
Mystic Blue Mk3 16v + Black Mk5 Gti 05 plate + Peugeot 405 Mi16

www.sas.org.uk
www.the-ace.org.uk

Offline Ashley

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 06 May 2008, 12:41 »
cool.. ive currently got some infinity 6x9's which were (apparently) £120 new, cant seem to find them anywhere online!

anyone recommend any car audio sites apart from audioethos? the stuff on there does look pretty kl but i need to take abit of time looking through the site as it's not the easiest if you don't know what you're after

Offline Bootneck

• Not said much yet
« Reply #17 on: 06 May 2008, 13:34 »
Google search Car Audio Centre,they tend to be very competitive on price and their service is pretty good too :smiley:
Good Advise is something men give when too old to set a bad example

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #18 on: 06 May 2008, 20:25 »
Keep the speakers the same make. If you got infinity 6x9's then get all infinity speakers. 

I want alpine speakers. Looking at maybe upgrading old alpine 6x9's to type E or S or maybe even type R if i can afford it :grin:  doubt it, I need coilovers first!!!

Yeah, anyway, alpine ftw but infinity are also good. If you getting all new stuff, Alpine. But if you are just getting front speakers, stick to the same make you already got, infinity. Better overall sound when all the same make.

LL ;)

Offline Ashley

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 07 May 2008, 11:27 »
wicked. I listened to some nice infinity components last night at halfords and seemed to think they were the nicest sounding, so I'll get some of those on the net somewhere soon!

Just as an update on the 2 x 12" and amp i bought (written above) - the box is f'ing massive! Can't believe how bulky it is... If anyone is interested in a 2x12" sub box I've now got 1 for sale! Gnna have to make a boot build into the sides like other people have done.. Hoping I can get a nice build out of it!