Author Topic: Well that didn’t last long!!!  (Read 8263 times)

Offline Dave1rs

• GTI forum regular
Well that didn’t last long!!!
« on: 18 January 2021, 22:24 »
So on my way home a Mitsubishi pajero took exception to me overtaking him,and proceeded to ram me 4 times....and drive off,I did get his reg on dash cam as I passed him,let’s hope the police do there job.

Gutted about my car

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: Well that didn’t last long!!!
« Reply #1 on: 18 January 2021, 22:27 »
Wtf!  :angry:

What the hell is wrong with people.

I really do hope they find them and throw the book at them.

That's potentially lethal!
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Maximusbiggus

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 18 January 2021, 22:47 »
My god! That's shocking! Hope you and any occupants are ok. Scary stuff.
Mk7.5 GTI DSG Tungsten Silver

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 18 January 2021, 23:06 »
You're ok and that's the main thing.

But I'd echo the other sentiments and hope the police use their full powers. Given what's going on at the moment it shows complete disrespect for you and our NHS.  :angry:
7.5 GTD

Offline Ceefeesh

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 18 January 2021, 23:59 »
Shocking. That must have been scary. Idiots like that need to lose their licence. In the past I have been injured by bad/dangerous drivers and have every sympathy for you. You’ll probably not feel the full (physical) affect until the adrenaline subsides. From my experience in previous collisions and the inept way they were (not) investigated, some things you might consider. Preserve your dash cam footage and back it up to another card or device if you have to part with it. Get your crime report number for your insurers. Incidentally, if you had a passenger and they give their account make sure they get a copy to give to you too. If safe, in daylight go back and see if there are any bits of the Pajero lying close to where it struck your car (badges or trim, lenses etc) I would also take your own photos of the damage to your car in daylight against a metre stick and look for any paint left on your car. Note the height from the ground where your car was damaged to allow comparison with damage on the vehicle that caused it if it is found. If the police do not take any visible paint samples, scrape your own off with a clean blade and put them in a clean envelope. This might be prudent and of help to your insurance claim, if they are interested. Might be worth uploading your footage on to Facebook, some decent local may recognise the culprit’s car. Do you have Gap insurance? Hope you are well. Best...
« Last Edit: 19 January 2021, 00:29 by Ceefeesh »
Previous owner of many Golfs and GTIs. Now Audi S3.

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 19 January 2021, 06:45 »
The main thing is that you’re ok. The car can be repaired. Now I say that but what on earth possesses someone to do that? It’s quite frankly unbelievable that someone thinks ‘he’s just overtaken. How dare he. I know, I’ll ram him!’  How does someone make that significant leap from being annoyed to ramming another car and putting everybody’s lives at risk? In all the years I’ve had performance Golfs I’ve never really had any major bother but when I had my S3, let’s just say the attitude of other road users was a factor in trading the car in.
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline ar899

• Here all the time
« Reply #6 on: 19 January 2021, 07:12 »
That's truly shocking. Hope the police get them.

What type of road/speed did it happen on?

Offline Dave1rs

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7 on: 19 January 2021, 07:58 »
That's truly shocking. Hope the police get them.

What type of road/speed did it happen on?

On an A road,dash cam says I was doing 50,couldn’t get out of the way as when he rammed me there were other vehicles in front,dont understand it....I didn’t cut him up or anything,infact when I went along side to pass he tried to ram me then too.

All booked in for repair......but I bet the parts don’t come quick.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 19 January 2021, 10:46 »
Unbelieveable, but unfortunately totally believeable given the number of idiots encountered on the roads nearly every day. Glad you're okay, let's just hope the police deal with it as we would expect them to.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline fuster

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9 on: 19 January 2021, 12:51 »
Unbelievable, hope you get it sorted asap