Author Topic: Engine Mount Upgrade..Your input  (Read 906 times)

Offline whogives

• Not said much yet
Engine Mount Upgrade..Your input
« on: 29 November 2020, 10:33 »
My car has recently had a Stage 2 remap.

I'm know looking to upgrade the engine mounts. I'm seeing a lot of info about different durometer strengths.

IE  70A, 75A, 85A  I was looking at 85A mounts used on a daily car, occasional track. My main concern is the vibration at idle.

Does anyone else on here have these mounts ???   Or any other versions  ???

Thanks 

Offline Paul70

• Here all the time
Re: Engine Mount Upgrade..Your input
« Reply #1 on: 29 November 2020, 11:15 »
Tolerance to NVH is quite personal, have you ever upgraded engine mount before?

There are a few aftermarket engine mount kits targeting fast road and occasional track use and these are typically a combination of 50 & 60 and solid, unlike the stock mounts. Allegedly, they give the car a more connected feel with little NVH increase. Good luck with your purchase!
2016 MK7 Clubsport ED40 3 Door Manual Reflex Silver with Recaros
2013 MK7 GTI Black 5 Door (Non PP)
Long gone -1984 Helios Blue Campaign MK1 GTI

Offline whogives

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 29 November 2020, 15:22 »
Tolerance to NVH is quite personal, have you ever upgraded engine mount before?

There are a few aftermarket engine mount kits targeting fast road and occasional track use and these are typically a combination of 50 & 60 and solid, unlike the stock mounts. Allegedly, they give the car a more connected feel with little NVH increase. Good luck with your purchase!

This is the first time upgrading engine mounts. Thats good to here, do you recommend any particular brand ??

Offline Paul70

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 29 November 2020, 15:52 »
034 Motorsport - check awesome or progressive parts and order before the sale ends and you save £95. I would change the dogbone inserts too, also from 034 and makes sure you buy the top and bottom insert as the bottom will bend without the top insert, although that was on a car without upgraded engine/transmission mounts. Regarding the dogbone inserts, there are many alternatives.
2016 MK7 Clubsport ED40 3 Door Manual Reflex Silver with Recaros
2013 MK7 GTI Black 5 Door (Non PP)
Long gone -1984 Helios Blue Campaign MK1 GTI

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #4 on: 29 November 2020, 17:13 »
I think with stage 2 you are going to need the extra stiffness if you are going to get the power down. Harshness is just an unfortunate reality when you start pushing it. Even driven a genuine race car?
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC