Author Topic: What detailing have you done today?  (Read 529311 times)

Offline dipstick

• Not said much yet
Re: What detailing have you done today?
« Reply #470 on: 08 April 2016, 15:28 »
First go at snowfoaming using a pressure washer... it uses a LOT less snow foam than the lance for a normal hose!

Followed by a rinse, 2BW, TRIX on the wheels followed by Bilberry wheel cleaner, open hose rinsed and dried.
All glass cleaned with G6.
Interior hoovered, dusted and coated with Poorboys Natural Look and buffed off.

Only one after picture which is a bit blurry:
'16 Golf GTI 5dr Carbon Steel Grey
Dynaudio, Nav Pro, DCC

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #471 on: 08 April 2016, 15:29 »
Took advantage of a break in the weather to give the Golf a much needed clean.
Snow foam followed by wheel clean using Bilberry wheel cleaner, Wo-Wo wash mitt and wheel woolies.
Two bucket wash using Wo-Wo wash mitt
Full dry off using a combination of Metro vac & Blo and Wo-Wo drying towels.
Finished with it's second coat of Gtechniq C2v3 then a final polish using Wo-Wo micro fibre clothes.
Looks pretty damned fine :smiley:
[][/url][/url]  url] 
[]
[/url]
[]
[/url] 
]
[][/url]
« Last Edit: 08 April 2016, 15:33 by kalimon »
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #472 on: 08 April 2016, 17:37 »
Dipstick and kalimon - two great efforts and two cracking looking cars! Washed mine today too, certainly was the right day for it, made a change from nearly freezing to death! Didn't take any pictures but the red was glowing in the sunshine making it dead easy to spot in Tesco's car park :laugh:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #473 on: 08 April 2016, 22:36 »

Who doesn't love snow foam, Bilberry and WoWo.  :cool:

Top jobs on the detailing front today by all. Twin Carbon Greys look stunning. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
« Last Edit: 08 April 2016, 22:39 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #474 on: 09 April 2016, 09:04 »
My mate who owns a gorgeous silver T5, took my advice and bought an autobrite snow foam lance and the orange valet pro snow foam. Typical of him, he put 50mm of SF in the bottle instead of the recommended 25.
He reckons it took him an hour to clean up the mess it made and his kids were slipping in the stuff.
What a tit !!
Ps
Are u back from yours hols now Rebecca?
Not seen your R on here recently.
« Last Edit: 09 April 2016, 11:23 by Booth11 »
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #475 on: 09 April 2016, 11:25 »
My mate who owns a gorgeous silver T5, took my advice and bought an autobrite snow foam lance and the orange valet pro snow foam. Typical of him, he put 50mm of SF in the bottle instead of the recommended 25.
He reckons it took him an hour to clean up the mess it made and his kids were slipping in the stuff.
What a tit !!
Ps

Lol.  What a tit indeed but not the only one!  Someone on another forum misunderstood how much snow foam shampoo use (despite clear instruction, thrice!) and used 800ml of the shampoo in the lance bottle, topped up with only about 10-20ml water!!!  Then they wondered why they'd run out of it so quickly!  That's why when someone on here (dipstick I think it was) asked me how much snow foam to use the other week, I posted up the 'idiot pc guide' to avoid any misinterpretation.  I hope dipstick didn't think I was being insulting.  :undecided:  Didn't want him making the same mistake as the other chap, though his snow foam pics above show he has more sense than that :-)

Returning from hols today an will be picking up my R from Gatwick at midnight in the dark, so will be walking round it with an iPhone torch to check for damage, lol. 

Sorry kalimon, I accidentally clicked 'modify' on your post above instead of quoting it (mods have extra buttons) so that's what it says edited by.....at the end.  Didn't edit it. 
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #476 on: 09 April 2016, 13:33 »
What a tit !!
Ps

Lol.  What a tit indeed but not the only one!  Someone on another forum misunderstood how much snow foam shampoo use (despite clear instruction, thrice!) and used 800ml of the shampoo in the lance bottle, topped up with only about 10-20ml water!!!  Then they wondered why they'd run out of it so quickly!  That's why when someone on here (dipstick I think it was) asked me how much snow foam to use the other week, I posted up the 'idiot pc guide' to avoid any misinterpretation.  I hope dipstick didn't think I was being insulting.  :undecided:  Didn't want him making the same mistake as the other chap, though his snow foam pics above show he has more sense than that :-)

Returning from hols today an will be picking up my R from Gatwick at midnight in the dark, so will be walking round it with an iPhone torch to check for damage, lol. 

Sorry kalimon, I accidentally clicked 'modify' on your post above instead of quoting it (mods have extra buttons) so that's what it says edited by.....at the end.  Didn't edit it.

You can modify my many spelling mistakes any time you want Rebecca.
What's the latest with that chip on your door?

« Last Edit: 09 April 2016, 17:16 by Booth11 »
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #477 on: 09 April 2016, 17:17 »
What a tit !!
Ps

You can modify my many spelling mistakes any time you want Rebecca.
What's the latest with that chip on your door?

Would you believe I did it again!!  I'm losing it, lol.

Anyway, learn to spell.  :tongue:

No new news on the chip since the holiday got in the way of sorting it.  Will be taking it for some quotes at proper bodyshops and a couple of PDR/Smart repair quotes.  See which route to take.
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline davewilliams000

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #478 on: 09 April 2016, 22:50 »
So got home from work at 6.30pm. No Mrs (at work), no toddler (at grandparents) + weather ok = car cleaning time!

Car was in dire need of a clean as it's only had a 'quick' snow foam, rinse and dry for the past 4 or 5 weeks, and the 250 miles a week to work plus a 500 mile trip down south has left it looking pretty dirty, although the red does hide it quite well.

Pressure washer rinse, snow foam, pressure washer rinse, wheels (bilberry wheel cleaner, big wheel wooly + wo-wo wheel mit), 2 bucket wash (DDJ supernatural shampoo + wo-wo lambswool mit + cleaned front grill with small wheel wooly), pressure washer rinse, open hose rinse, dry (DDJ + wo-wo towels), exterior glass clean (AG fastglass + wo-wo cloth), dress tyres (poorboys natural look), then finished up with a quick clean of the main parts of the dash with PBNL.

By the time I'd done it was 8.45pm!

Some pics ... before:

Cleaning the grill...

After (pretty much gone dark!)...

2015 65 plate Mk7 GTD Manual in Tornado Red

https://www.flickr.com/photos/davewilliams000

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #479 on: 10 April 2016, 03:00 »
^^^

Looks excellent.  :cool:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual