Author Topic: Talk to me about Radios  (Read 13128 times)

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
Re: Talk to me about Radios
« Reply #70 on: 08 February 2011, 07:49 »
Adrian:

Pioneer TS-WX11A Sub-woofer £150. Labour £100.
Kenwood KAC-X4D Amplifie, £260. Bits 'n pieces £40. Labour £350.
(Was a massive job to install the amplifier, as the driver's seat had to be rempved).
Total = £800

eek
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #71 on: 08 February 2011, 14:02 »
Adrian:
Pioneer TS-WX11A Sub-woofer £150. Labour £100.
Kenwood KAC-X4D Amplifier, £275, Cord leads £44, AFS Fuse Holder £11.50, Genesis High level Interface £69.95. Labour £200.
(Was a massive job to install the amplifier, as the driver's seat had to be removed).
Total = £800.45p
eek
Snoops: Not that expensive. Got a 60% discount on labour. :smiley:

Sounds like they did good am1w
I have an RNS510 on the way now so will compare the sounds of RCD310 and RNS510 while I'm installing.
Anyone have any experience with this type of amp http://www.bluespot.co.uk/car-audio.aspx/tha475-amplifier

It's ok, nothing special. It won't fit under the driver's seat but will under the passenger one.
« Last Edit: 08 February 2011, 15:06 by am1w »
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline Hartside

• I live here
« Reply #72 on: 08 February 2011, 18:12 »
Snoopy - Do you know anyone in the Newcastle area that fits audio equipment? I need to get an underseat sub fitted to my wifes car as the system lacks any bass whatsoever and only know Autosounds (don't know if they are any good or not)
Carbon Grey 5dr GTI

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #73 on: 08 February 2011, 18:30 »
Places keep closing and opening its hard to keep track, Turners in sunderland were the biggest with the best reputation but there now gone. I have heard good and bad about autosounds i stopped dealing with them because of a bad experience but family and friends have delt with them since and been ok. I went over to Austin at http://www.soundsalarming.co.uk/about-us but again heard good and bad about install quality, but hes the one that has done alarms etc for me in the past and i have not been disapointed when examining their work  :wink: but thats quite a few years ago now. So basically i don't know what there like at the moment.
« Last Edit: 08 February 2011, 18:36 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 

Offline Hartside

• I live here
« Reply #74 on: 08 February 2011, 18:35 »
Thanks Snoopy, I'll give Autosounds and Soundalarming a ring for a chat. You're right, Turners were very good. I had a car alarm fitted by them in the mid 80's and they did a real tidy job!
Carbon Grey 5dr GTI

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #75 on: 08 February 2011, 18:38 »
I have seen some right disasters with alarms from turner in the past with the many cars i looked after for family and friends but recent years they have been quiet good. Just a place i would not go myself.
I have delt with Austin Main at soundsalarming since the start of the 90s. Just not in recent years so not sure what their like now but it would be the one place in the northeast i would try if it was something i was looking at just as i have good history with them which is rare with my standards :grin:
« Last Edit: 08 February 2011, 18:43 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI