Author Topic: Dogbone Mount Insert on GTI  (Read 4277 times)

Offline TurboTrev

• I live here
Re: Dogbone Mount Insert on GTI
« Reply #10 on: 05 February 2019, 16:35 »
What is NVH?

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 05 February 2019, 17:04 »
Noise, vibration, and harshness
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline TurboTrev

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 05 February 2019, 20:46 »
Noise, vibration, and harshness
Thanks. :smiley:

Offline MjrSharpe

• Here all the time
« Reply #13 on: 06 February 2019, 13:48 »
Mine seems to require version one. I've sent you a PM Andy. Thanks
2016 GTI - Tornado Red, M52 remap, DTUK Pedal box, dv+, racingline turbo elbow, forge turbo muffler delete, racingline springs, racingline stage 2 BBK, novus 0.1 wheels, injen induction kit ,st rear anti roll bar, TT short shift, 034 motorsports dogbone upper / lower inserts, sachs organic clutch, custom stainless steel exhaust, res delete, leyo bezels, oettinger rear spoiler, maxton splitter, golf r rear lights

Offline monsta

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 06 February 2019, 15:13 »
I had a dogbone on for about 2 weeks and sold it.  I know people say it dies down but you have to wonder why it does that.  Do other components simply get softer? 

In my mind it is not a part that really needs to bed in, if it increases noise and then it goes away after time, another part is taking the strain and weakening.

Anyone got any ideas or concrete theory to counter this?

Offline MjrSharpe

• Here all the time
« Reply #15 on: 13 February 2019, 10:12 »
This arrived from Andy the other day (thanks again) and I fitted it last night. Initial impressions are very good. The change between gears when on / off throttle. Before there was a little jerk sometimes when changing up or down the lower gears but this seems to be done away with now. There is a little added vibration, especially when taking off from a standing start, but I understand this will settle down after a few hundred miles. Overall I'm very pleased with it and think its a worthwhile modification :)
2016 GTI - Tornado Red, M52 remap, DTUK Pedal box, dv+, racingline turbo elbow, forge turbo muffler delete, racingline springs, racingline stage 2 BBK, novus 0.1 wheels, injen induction kit ,st rear anti roll bar, TT short shift, 034 motorsports dogbone upper / lower inserts, sachs organic clutch, custom stainless steel exhaust, res delete, leyo bezels, oettinger rear spoiler, maxton splitter, golf r rear lights

Offline 2007GTI

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 13 February 2019, 10:52 »
This might be a stupid question, but why wouldn't VW have designed it better if it was such as issue? And Monsta pointed out above, it is a bit concerning where does that tension then get transferred to and would it perhaps weaken other components?
2014 Mk7 GTI DSG 5dr in Carbon Grey, 18s, leather

Gone but not forgotten '07 Mk5 GTI DSG (2006 to 2014)

Offline MjrSharpe

• Here all the time
« Reply #17 on: 13 February 2019, 11:20 »
This might be a stupid question, but why wouldn't VW have designed it better if it was such as issue? And Monsta pointed out above, it is a bit concerning where does that tension then get transferred to and would it perhaps weaken other components?

I don't think it's an issue that needs addressing by VW as such, as anything that can be felt during changes is fairly minimal. The stock setup causes no vibrations at all and this is probably more important to 99% of buyers than the additional feel provided by this upgraded version. There are a fair few on the market too. My colleague has had a Revo one fitted to his cupra for several years with no issues.
As for additional strain on other components I can't say, but I would like to think that it would be minimal. The rubber in the orginal bush is still there, so there is still a degree of movement.

Offline Finglonga

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 17 February 2019, 16:16 »
I had a dogbone on for about 2 weeks and sold it.  I know people say it dies down but you have to wonder why it does that.  Do other components simply get softer? 

In my mind it is not a part that really needs to bed in, if it increases noise and then it goes away after time, another part is taking the strain and weakening.

Anyone got any ideas or concrete theory to counter this?

They Bed in, the mount settles into place into the rubber. My 034 is silent now, you wouldn't know it was fitted until you put your foot down.

Offline MjrSharpe

• Here all the time
« Reply #19 on: 18 February 2019, 10:06 »

My 034 is silent now,

Like the D in Django  :smiley: