Author Topic: R-Tech AUM 1.8t launch control (Video now added)  (Read 18275 times)

Offline The Dave

• I live here
Re: R-Tech AUM 1.8t launch control (Video now added)
« Reply #30 on: 25 September 2010, 13:51 »
Jesus I get a bit worried when I get to 6k lol I don't even know how high mine will rev, no point finding out with a ko3 haha.

Offline coolio

• I live here
« Reply #31 on: 25 September 2010, 16:41 »
is this something similar to the rs focus got , i remembered seeing a few years ago when they compare it with the civic typr r (mk1) and the clio 16v .....

Offline pipbailey

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #32 on: 25 September 2010, 17:28 »
Cool vids, looks a fun addition! Jesus that car revs high lol

yeh i noticed that as well went through the red into the sah by the looks of thing lol

yep it revs around past the end of the clock as I drove it last week

he just needs to sort out the limp mode bit though  :tongue: :wink: :grin: :grin:

lol  limp mode fixed, it help when all sensors are plugged in..oops

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #33 on: 25 September 2010, 17:32 »
Cool vids, looks a fun addition! Jesus that car revs high lol

yeh i noticed that as well went through the red into the sah by the looks of thing lol

yep it revs around past the end of the clock as I drove it last week

he just needs to sort out the limp mode bit though  :tongue: :wink: :grin: :grin:

lol  limp mode fixed, it help when all sensors are plugged in..oops

I'll bring the Micra back up for a re-match then as it whipped the Golf last week  :tongue: :kiss: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline pipbailey

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #34 on: 25 September 2010, 17:32 »
Yes this can be added to other maps, not remaps where the serial eeprom contents has been changed such are Revo and APR, but most other maps can be patched with this code, or any other code we offer like the left foot brake WOT gear shift ect..  The only code we cannot patch to other remaps is the direct throttle mapping as there might be some conflict with out they have tuned one of the torque maps.

Offline AaronGS

• I live here
« Reply #35 on: 25 September 2010, 19:59 »
Yes this can be added to other maps, not remaps where the serial eeprom contents has been changed such are Revo and APR, but most other maps can be patched with this code, or any other code we offer like the left foot brake WOT gear shift ect..  The only code we cannot patch to other remaps is the direct throttle mapping as there might be some conflict with out they have tuned one of the torque maps.

Cheers for the reply and thats really good to see it can be used on other maps. Just a shame I can't get it on mine! i was looking forward to a trip down to you guys!

Offline tech1889

• Serious forum addict
  • Mk2 GTI FTW !!
« Reply #36 on: 25 September 2010, 20:00 »
get your car rtech mapped..
Mk4 Golf GTI anniversary and mk6 golf tdi :)

Offline AaronGS

• I live here
« Reply #37 on: 25 September 2010, 20:04 »
Tech, its stage 3+ and has a great map so not sure its worth the expense! It had crossed my mind though.

Offline tech1889

• Serious forum addict
  • Mk2 GTI FTW !!
« Reply #38 on: 25 September 2010, 20:08 »
sod that if ya stage 3+ mate finish off with racelogic traction control its amazing seen it on a load of cars and its adjustable traction control with launch control facilities  :evil: :evil:
Mk4 Golf GTI anniversary and mk6 golf tdi :)

Offline AaronGS

• I live here
« Reply #39 on: 25 September 2010, 20:27 »
yes that was my other plan (when £££ allows) but I thought this may be a simpler and better alternative!