Author Topic: sick golf  (Read 1351 times)

Offline Mickyc

• Just got here
sick golf
« on: 07 October 2015, 10:02 »
 :cry:
hi guys help needed here as my 2001 golf 1.8turbo, aum, is unwell...
i bought the car as a non runner just over a month ago (engine broke).
i've spent over a month replacing the engine and it will run without the maf connected, but stalls and cuts out with. eml on, camshaft sensor code, has been changed, also belt refitted.. a few pipes and clips were also replaced.
is anyone local to me that would help?
many thanks guys..  :cry:

Offline Dalo Harkin

• I live here
Re: sick golf
« Reply #1 on: 07 October 2015, 17:57 »
Doesn't show where you are on my tablet, area?
ARZ K03s, Oettinger Side Skirts, R32 front, Carbon stage 2, Forge 007p (yellow spring), Forge Actuator (yellow spring), Pipercross panel filter with DSG parts, N249 and N112 deleted, SAI deleted, Carbon canister deleted, Rear wiper deleted, Long Life turbo back custom exhaust with 200 cell sports cat, VR6/G60 clutch kit, Creation Motorsport TIP, Catch can, 'Wellycooler', K04 charge pipe, S3 ported inlet manifold - looks pretty standard on the outside though :)

Offline mike1990

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 07 October 2015, 21:31 »
If it runs better with MAF unplugged, it may be the MAF that's at fault. Have you had it scanned?

Offline Mickyc

• Just got here
« Reply #3 on: 08 October 2015, 02:52 »
MAF is very dirty, i did try one off a friends golf (agu i think) did same as did before, worked fine on his after..
i do have my own cheap obd and that brings up the cam sensor code. would the n249 valve cause the car to be literally undriveable? the tiny one way valve thats there? could that do it? i'll spend money where its needed i just dont want to throw it at it..
i'm fairly decent with the spanners, the electrics are where i get stuck

Offline Dalo Harkin

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 08 October 2015, 12:30 »
for how much it costs I would rip all the PCV system out and fit a catch can.
While doing all that bypass or delete the N249 and N112 (it's part of the same process) and then see how you get on.

If it runs with the MAF disconnected then it is likely its the MAF or the TIP, what air filter setup you running?

and where are you based because someone might be able to come and have a look for you and help you out
ARZ K03s, Oettinger Side Skirts, R32 front, Carbon stage 2, Forge 007p (yellow spring), Forge Actuator (yellow spring), Pipercross panel filter with DSG parts, N249 and N112 deleted, SAI deleted, Carbon canister deleted, Rear wiper deleted, Long Life turbo back custom exhaust with 200 cell sports cat, VR6/G60 clutch kit, Creation Motorsport TIP, Catch can, 'Wellycooler', K04 charge pipe, S3 ported inlet manifold - looks pretty standard on the outside though :)

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
« Reply #5 on: 08 October 2015, 12:37 »
AGU and AUM MAF are completely different

1999 1.8T: R-Tech remap - 225bhp/256lb/ft : K03s : THS FMIC : THS PCR pipe : 2.5" stainless exhaust : THS FR3 Engine mounts : G60/VR6 clutch : Calibra Yellow injectors : VR6 MAF : Devils Own WMI : Forge 007p : Carbonio CAI : Leon Cupra R Brembos : FK AK Street coilovers : Votex skirts : Anniversary front : click ---> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=92175

Offline Mickyc

• Just got here
« Reply #6 on: 09 October 2015, 02:14 »
the part no was the same, it wasn't an aum that is definite.
i should have a new dv friday and if i can get hold of silicone tubing or something decent i will try to delete the n249 and the n112 and see how i go from there..
i have noticed there is an oil leak from the turbo area so i guess i'll be looking for one of them although that needs to wait until i at least the car is driveable then i can start calculating...
all your wisdom is very appreciated guys.