Author Topic: How to connect BAM 225 charge pipe to a K03'S  (Read 3496 times)

Offline spudboy6

• I live here
  • Just like a golf ......
How to connect BAM 225 charge pipe to a K03'S
« on: 26 September 2015, 20:46 »
I'm doing a 225 BAM inlet manifold conversion to allow for use of welly cooler with easy pipework install ,
how do I connect the BAM charge pipe to my K03S ,

I presume I need as silicone elbow reducer but who sells or makes them and what was your solution please ?

Offline LR5V

• GTI forum regular
Re: How to connect BAM 225 charge pipe to a K03'S
« Reply #1 on: 27 September 2015, 01:10 »
Look at this site http://www.autosiliconehoses.com/ to work out what you need, then head over to ebay, you can find the same ASH hoses usually cheaper from many sellers.

I have a BAM inlet kicking around in the garage, but I am currently going twin pass FMIC, thought I could go welly-cooler in the future - Is this to bin the pancake pipe?

Offline spudboy6

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 27 September 2015, 11:15 »
Yea , going to bin pancake pipe and having the charge pipe running over the top ,
I'm still waiting for my lcr charge pipe from postman so once that arrives I'll measure it , but the ko3s with silence is quite small and lcr charge pipe is quite big so I've read that nobody makes the pipe and you have to get them custom made up

Offline Dalo Harkin

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 02 October 2015, 11:06 »
I have that exact setup, I used this on mine:-
270770007057 but you will have to chop it down to get the angle right if you are using the support that bolts to the back of the block
ARZ K03s, Oettinger Side Skirts, R32 front, Carbon stage 2, Forge 007p (yellow spring), Forge Actuator (yellow spring), Pipercross panel filter with DSG parts, N249 and N112 deleted, SAI deleted, Carbon canister deleted, Rear wiper deleted, Long Life turbo back custom exhaust with 200 cell sports cat, VR6/G60 clutch kit, Creation Motorsport TIP, Catch can, 'Wellycooler', K04 charge pipe, S3 ported inlet manifold - looks pretty standard on the outside though :)

Offline spudboy6

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 06 November 2015, 22:42 »
In the end I had a custom hose made from Derby hoses
68mm down to 45mm that's LCR charge pipe being 68 and 45 on a silenced ko3s turbo

Offline Dalo Harkin

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 13 November 2015, 16:35 »
what tubing did you use for the brake booster?
its my next job to do
ARZ K03s, Oettinger Side Skirts, R32 front, Carbon stage 2, Forge 007p (yellow spring), Forge Actuator (yellow spring), Pipercross panel filter with DSG parts, N249 and N112 deleted, SAI deleted, Carbon canister deleted, Rear wiper deleted, Long Life turbo back custom exhaust with 200 cell sports cat, VR6/G60 clutch kit, Creation Motorsport TIP, Catch can, 'Wellycooler', K04 charge pipe, S3 ported inlet manifold - looks pretty standard on the outside though :)

Offline spudboy6

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 22 November 2015, 11:41 »
I heated up the booster end of the original solid pipe so the part that pushes in to the booster stays there and you can then fit the red pipe I put on , its from ASH hoses , of the top of my head it was like 8mm or 10mm ID I think but ill have to measure it again to be sure sorry , BUT , ive found it does close up under heavy breaking , no problems from inside the car but you can see it squashed up in the bay so I would recommend either short silicone hose on to a solid plastic tube , OR buy a cupra R brake booster pipe on ebay for like £30 .