Author Topic: Whoosh!  (Read 1214 times)

Offline FrankyEight

• Not said much yet
Whoosh!
« on: 22 September 2015, 12:14 »
Hi guys,

I've got a 1.8T with a Forge 007p diverter valve and induction. As much as I love this setup and the performance enhancements gained, these modifications were made by the previous owner and I'm not a big fan of the release noise the Forge 007p makes. I'd like it more inconspicuous. Is there anyway that I can quieten this in its current state? Or will it require removal completely and going back to stock. Not sure if I have the stock diverter valve for the turbo, assuming it had one.

Any advice appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Offline topher

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • fully functioning
Re: Whoosh!
« Reply #1 on: 22 September 2015, 12:24 »
assuming everything is fitted correctly it'll be the intake kit accentuating the noise from the D.V, put the stock airbox back on and it will be silenced. You'll most likely get the same noise with the factory D.V

Offline FrankyEight

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 22 September 2015, 13:30 »
assuming everything is fitted correctly it'll be the intake kit accentuating the noise from the D.V, put the stock airbox back on and it will be silenced. You'll most likely get the same noise with the factory D.V

Ahh, great. Is it just as simple as removing the intake kit and screwing the air box back on? Only say that as there's a hose that comes from the DV back into the intake. What would I do with that? Maybe I'll look for a tutorial or possibly get someone who knows what they're doing to take a look!

Offline viperjsy

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 05 October 2015, 20:21 »
which pipe on this pic