Author Topic: 3k-3.5K Flat spot help!  (Read 1392 times)

Offline Sim454

• Not said much yet
3k-3.5K Flat spot help!
« on: 20 September 2015, 15:17 »
Since having stage 1 installed on my AUM, I get a flat spot where the turbo dies at 3k-3.5k revs in every gear.  I have new MAF fitted. Now before you say it's the mapping at fault, could it be:

Wastegate fault?
N249 opening up my 007s?
N75 fault?

Any info massively appreciated.

Offline LR5V

• GTI forum regular
Re: 3k-3.5K Flat spot help!
« Reply #1 on: 20 September 2015, 19:51 »
I would invest in a vagcom cable and scan for faults, but if your re-mapper was any good they should have done this before getting stuck in.

1.8t are not the smoothest engines, but from what you are saying yours seems to have an issue, likely suspects are engine breather system and vacuum pipework.
Breather system pipework dissolves itself from the inside out -mine felt off for weeks before the check engine light came on only to find several holes.
Also the vacuum pipework just turns to dust.
Best to just replace with silicone-
Breathers, I used a creation motorsport kit, but they do require some cutting to fit.
Cant remember the seller, might be mr.silicone, but I got a great engine kit of silicone pipes and just replaced all the old rubber pipes

Offline Dalo Harkin

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 21 September 2015, 20:44 »
You'll always get that because unless you have upgraded to a bigger smic or fmic you'll notice lag much more especially after a remap
ARZ K03s, Oettinger Side Skirts, R32 front, Carbon stage 2, Forge 007p (yellow spring), Forge Actuator (yellow spring), Pipercross panel filter with DSG parts, N249 and N112 deleted, SAI deleted, Carbon canister deleted, Rear wiper deleted, Long Life turbo back custom exhaust with 200 cell sports cat, VR6/G60 clutch kit, Creation Motorsport TIP, Catch can, 'Wellycooler', K04 charge pipe, S3 ported inlet manifold - looks pretty standard on the outside though :)

Offline Sim454

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 04 October 2015, 14:39 »
Thanks for your replies.

All pipework is fine, everything has been replaced now.  It ain't lag, that's at the beginning of WOT not mid range.  I'm thinking now it's probs either N249 or sh*t mapping.

Cheers guys

Offline andy68

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 04 October 2015, 20:07 »
Do a temporary by-pass of N249 and see if it helps.

Offline Dalo Harkin

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 08 October 2015, 12:53 »
Thanks for your replies.

All pipework is fine, everything has been replaced now.  It ain't lag, that's at the beginning of WOT not mid range.  I'm thinking now it's probs either N249 or sh*t mapping.

Cheers guys

Do you have a boost gauge fitted? what is it getting up to just before it loses power
ARZ K03s, Oettinger Side Skirts, R32 front, Carbon stage 2, Forge 007p (yellow spring), Forge Actuator (yellow spring), Pipercross panel filter with DSG parts, N249 and N112 deleted, SAI deleted, Carbon canister deleted, Rear wiper deleted, Long Life turbo back custom exhaust with 200 cell sports cat, VR6/G60 clutch kit, Creation Motorsport TIP, Catch can, 'Wellycooler', K04 charge pipe, S3 ported inlet manifold - looks pretty standard on the outside though :)