Author Topic: Been to R-Tech today for a Stage 1 on my Ed 30  (Read 3758 times)

Offline vandyer

• Just got here
Been to R-Tech today for a Stage 1 on my Ed 30
« on: 19 November 2014, 21:49 »
Hello all,   :nerd:

Only my second post - so bear with me with forum etiquette

Been an avid reader of the forum for a while now, done lots of research and noted that R-Tech were highly recommended for their remaps.

Today they remapped my Edition 30 (standard 2007 with DSG) to 'Stage 1' - I wanted to share with you my experience

Many reviews raved about their knowledge, passion and general overall customer service. I can only add to this positive praise....and more.  :smiley:

My car is a standard 2007 Edition 30 with 69k on the clock running on Shell V Max. The team's knowledge of remapping, in particular Nick is impressive- I mentioned before he got going that I would be supprised if my car was delivering 230bhp (just a gut feeling)....Nick was confident it would - he said most Edition 30's achieve at least factory output and more often than not slightly more.

Nick got going with the remap (it takes a couple of hours on the rolling road) but time flies when your having chat with the lads.

After a while Nick asked if I was sure I had been using Shell V-Max, to which confirmed I had - He asked as he noticed my car was under performing slightly and had logged an error code -  an issue with poor flow through the cat (something like that)

At this point I felt like a twit....I hadn't confessed to my massive schoolboy error - 8 weeks ago I filled my car with diesel, and it gets worse, I drove 4 miles until the engine pretty much chugged like a mule thats had enough (it was taken to a VW dealer and was 'sorted' with fuel lines cleaned and new filters etc)

Anyway, Nick suggested my Cat might be blocked/damaged which is why he didn't get as much of an increase as he was hoping for.

I have to say, Nick seemed more disappointed than me - Stage 1 results are;
Pre BHP 229
Post BHP 286

I've left the paper report in the car so i'll update torque later (can't recall, think its was Post 290 torques)

Nick had a space exhaust (the bit with the pre cat and cat in it) kicking round the workshop and kindly gave it to me so I can swap it for my potentially damaged one-  this was a huge gesture and i wanted to make sure i thanked them on this forum.

As for the remap - I have one word - awesome!  :evil: :evil:

It now drives like the car is should have been. The drive back up the M1, via some country roads the long way home was brilliant. The pull is indescribable

Its not just about the power, its how its delivered.

Thank you R-Tech (if you're reading)

If anyone is thinking about a remap, I would absolutely recommend R-tech.