Author Topic: can I get some advice  (Read 2467 times)

Offline topher

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • fully functioning
Re: can I get some advice
« Reply #10 on: 27 November 2014, 19:27 »
aftermarket speed sensors are about 40 quid each, you can't rely on fault codes alone for those though as the majority of the time with mk5's its the rear wheel bearings at fault which have the pickup ring for the abs sensors built in to them. The revised nox sensors are something daft like £400+ and you're supposed to do a factory software update when installing them which requires either a dealer visit or a tool like Autologic.

Offline Mark b

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 27 November 2014, 21:47 »
my mistake the faults got cleared at 1st and when they came back on the only faults that came up was just the rear left and right sensors
Standard gti 2.0 115bhp 2000 w reg

Offline topher

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • fully functioning
« Reply #12 on: 28 November 2014, 14:23 »
still depends on the code. if its an open circuit fault or electrical fault then it tends to be either sensor or wiring. If its showing mechanical malfunction or implausible signal its more likely the bearings, need to read the live data while driving at low speeds really and see what each of the sensors is recording.

Offline Mark b

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 28 November 2014, 17:16 »
the car is going into the garage Wednesday morning before the order sensors they are going to check it all 1st to see if its bearings ect... hopefully it'll be a simple issue and won't cost ££££'s
Standard gti 2.0 115bhp 2000 w reg