Author Topic: Gtechnique's G1 ClearVision Smart Glass and windscreen smear  (Read 3091 times)

Offline jrc193

• Not said much yet
I have read the various comments re windscreen wipers and smearing and am in a bit of a dilemma because I used the Gtechniq's smart glass and consistently suffer smearing which fades quite quickly. VW have inspected wipers and windscreen and are of the opinion both are all right and that the smearing is attributable to another cause. I have not mentioned the smart glass product and wonder if anyone else has suffered a similar problem with this product? Thanks

Offline karlak

• GTI forum regular
Re: Gtechnique's G1 ClearVision Smart Glass and windscreen smear
« Reply #1 on: 27 November 2013, 17:08 »
Have you seen their section on "detailing world" ?

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=323994

Ordered 06/01/14.  5DR GTD DSG, Red. Park Assist | Rear Camera | Keyless entry | Dynaudio | Winter Pack | Pro Nav.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 27 November 2013, 19:38 »
VW won't admit it but original wipers are total s4ite. spent over 2 hours in the dealer a few weeks ago for them to replace the drivers side wiper only. I've got g1 on my screen which is now cleaner than when it was delivered and I still get a bit of judder. I've got the Bosch aerotwins to put on as this should eliminate the wiper/screen problem.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 27 November 2013, 19:46 »
I recently switched from oem wiper blades to Bosch Aerotwins (as did a few others in the mk6 section).   No more squeaking, juddering or smears  :cool:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 27 November 2013, 21:46 »
I recently switched from oem wiper blades to Bosch Aerotwins (as did a few others in the mk6 section).   No more squeaking, juddering or smears  :cool:

They are excellent, swapped over to these on my last 3 VWs after getting fed up with the sh!tty OEM Valeos. Current ones are ok after a poor start, so haven't swapped yet.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Mike S

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 27 November 2013, 22:21 »
There is another thread on the poor quality of the OE wiper blades. I also replaced mine with the Bosch blades and the wipers were instantly what they should be from the factory; quiet, no smearing and no juddering. Highly recommended  :smiley:
GTi Mk7 Night Blue 5 Door. Winter Pack. Nav Pro. Keyless. ACC.

Offline jrc193

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 28 November 2013, 10:37 »
Many thanks everybody. Very helpful and I've ordered the Bosch wipers

Offline Organisys

• I live here
  • Old and Slow...
« Reply #7 on: 28 November 2013, 13:03 »
How long was it since you applied G1 ?
If it within a week or two, then some smearing is normal and will drop off, same with the juddering.
To kill the juddering in the mean time, use a coat of Gtechniq C2v3 or CarPro Reload.
 :smiley:

... it's turned into a fashion show for poofters.