Author Topic: milltek or powerflow or supersprint nw?  (Read 3865 times)

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
Re: milltek or powerflow?
« Reply #20 on: 18 March 2010, 12:01 »
i wouldnt go with powerflow systems mate, only thing u'll gain is a stainless steel system over the standard.

If you havent got the money to spend now then just save for abit longer and get a good system.

is that all you will get is the stainless and no bhp.

pretty much the same with all exhausts though, especially if its a cat-back system.  The gains come mainly from replacing the standard CAT with a sports cat; that helps free up the mid-range torque.  BHP increase is negligible

Offline (shakey)

• I live here
  • IS STILL SICK ABOUT CRASHING ME 1.8T AFTER 2 YEARS
« Reply #21 on: 18 March 2010, 12:07 »
i wouldnt go with powerflow systems mate, only thing u'll gain is a stainless steel system over the standard.

If you havent got the money to spend now then just save for abit longer and get a good system.

is that all you will get is the stainless and no bhp.

pretty much the same with all exhausts though, especially if its a cat-back system.  The gains come mainly from replacing the standard CAT with a sports cat; that helps free up the mid-range torque.  BHP increase is negligible

thats what i thought i was thinking og de-cat anyway but not sure on that one.

i have got the money for a miltek but was just thinking of something else abit cheaper,i know miltek has a good name but so does powerflow just got to think of which one to get and which one will be the best in the long run.

Offline raptorSE

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #22 on: 18 March 2010, 12:09 »
Miltek
Seat Leon Cupra R

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #23 on: 18 March 2010, 12:11 »
If you fancied a trip to Cardiff I'd highly recommend Pro-Speed

They fitted my cat-back system for £300 - sounds mint :afro:

Offline northeast_gti-t

• Serious forum addict
  • "1.8T AGU"
« Reply #24 on: 18 March 2010, 12:46 »
Well unless you want to sound bad boy racer, i'd go for Res, quiet hum on idle and opens up on throttle, non res bumbles of idle and gets too Baked bean can. On a V6 yeah, doesnt matter as they sound awesome but 1.8t...

Ive got the miltek res btw. Not heard jetex/powerflow

i disagree there jordy ive got the non res miltek and it dosent sound like a bad boy racer or baked bean can! the sound it makes is nice and subtle! if you've only got a 1.8t then one exhaust exit is enough  :lipsrsealed:
agreed  :wink: non res turbo back on mine 4mo style pipes and sounds awesome!! yeh miltek maybe expensive but you get what you pay for at the end of the day  :rolleyes: each to their own as we all have different set ups and only having a mil;tek on mine i cant really comment on the others although i have heard that the jetex ones are reasonable
2000 Mkiv GTi 1.8T AGU

Offline smitty12

• I live here
  • R32
« Reply #25 on: 18 March 2010, 19:00 »
ive read and herd a lot about the miltek cat-back system, Ive got the 2.slow but i think thats the one im saving my pennies for as a lot of people say inproving the air flow through the engine will give a greater top speed for the 2.slow :smiley:
as NEgti says you get what you pay for  :cool:

+ im going for non-res, if im paying the money i want people to know what ive got!  :evil:

Mk7 Golf GTI Clubsport S Tornado Red - on the way!
Mk4 Golf R32 Grey Anthracite Pearl Effect
Mk4 Golf GTI 2.slow Yellow Colour Concept

Offline (shakey)

• I live here
Re: milltek or powerflow or supersprint nw?
« Reply #26 on: 20 March 2010, 19:36 »
bump

Offline EuanGtTdi

• I live here
« Reply #27 on: 20 March 2010, 19:43 »
http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=148541.0

look at mine mate got it done yesterday custom made exactly same as a milltek accept its not got the milltek writing! absoulty love the noise it comes from it my freind with his milltek even seyd he liked the sound mine made better than his and only set me back 190quid with lifetime guarentee

Offline (shakey)

• I live here
« Reply #28 on: 20 March 2010, 19:47 »
http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=148541.0

look at mine mate got it done yesterday custom made exactly same as a milltek accept its not got the milltek writing! absoulty love the noise it comes from it my freind with his milltek even seyd he liked the sound mine made better than his and only set me back 190quid with lifetime guarentee

trouble is i live in north wales who did it and where is the nearest 1 for me,get a vid of the sound m8 plz i dnt want it loud just want the throtty sound.

Offline EuanGtTdi

• I live here
« Reply #29 on: 20 March 2010, 19:50 »
place called complete auto solutions only one in the country/world mate im sure they will stock of the same dealers as powerflow!

ive got diesel  :wink: so if want to hear some deep rumble i get one for you?