Author Topic: Tip of the hat to you!  (Read 1062 times)

Offline Prestige

• Just got here
Tip of the hat to you!
« on: 18 December 2020, 07:06 »
Hi all!

After a 15 year break from car ownership (vw t5 used for work and a daily), I have finally taken the plunge and got myself a golf again :smiley:

Used to own an immaculate Mk2 GTI 8v that featured in the golf magazine (2001ish), but its been a while since I've driven one... fast forward 20 odd years and I've taken the plunge on a used mk7 GTD 3dr in white.
Absolutely thrilled with the car and cannot believe the spec and power of these things.
Anyway, stumbled on the forum as I'd like to make some improvements.. looks like a great community here, looking forward to blogging my upgrades and sharing tips  :cool:

All the best, Jim

Offline Al1040

• Here all the time
Re: Tip of the hat to you!
« Reply #1 on: 18 December 2020, 11:55 »
Welcome Jim, I also have an oil burner and used to own one of the first Mk2 GTI's what a coincidence and yes the power that the GTD now has compared to the Mk2 is light and day. That said the 8v engine was fantastic.
The Mk7 discussion board is the place to show pics and ask questions etc as it is quite well populated.
They are a friendly bunch with vast amounts of VW knowledge.
67 Plate Mk 7.5 GTD DSG

Offline Prestige

• Just got here
Re: Tip of the hat to you!
« Reply #2 on: 21 December 2020, 21:25 »
Thank you, I'll try and get my head round loading photos to show the new toy and of course the mk2 ... although those pics are from the non digital age!