Author Topic: Dom069 - My 8v Story So Far - Deposit Taken :(  (Read 179561 times)

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
Re: Dom069 - My Mk3 Story So Far!
« Reply #10 on: 11 March 2010, 18:03 »
lol, I know you were't having a go, just re-read what i said...sounded a little bit arsey  :shocked: really wasn't meant to!  :grin:

Not sure about the calipers, i'm thinking red (which is a bit boring because a lot of ppl have red), but i don't know what else would look good with a red car.....any ideas?? Bearing in mind I wanna spray the alloys black in the near future. Any one know if halfrauds do hammerite?

kells

« Reply #11 on: 11 March 2010, 18:07 »
i did mine black, im not so into bright calipers no more, htink halfords do but id go B&Q or similar as it will be cheeper matey :cool:

Offline VR6-Joe

• I live here
Gone but not forgotten;
1983 Mk1 Golf GX - 1991 Mk2 Golf GTI - 1988 Scirocco Scala - 1989 Mk2 Golf CL - 1993 Mk3 Golf Ryder - 1996 Mk3 Golf SE - 1996 Mk3 Golf CL - 1995 Mk3 Golf GTI 16v - 1996 Mk3 Golf VR6 Highline - 2003 Saxo VTR - 1996 Mk3 Golf VR6

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
« Reply #13 on: 11 March 2010, 18:39 »
i did mine black, im not so into bright calipers no more, htink halfords do but id go B&Q or similar as it will be cheeper matey :cool:

Awsome, B&Q is next door to halfords  :grin:

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=116352.0 :)

I'll read through it now....but maybe not all 65 pages!  :laugh:

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
« Reply #14 on: 11 March 2010, 20:14 »
Phew....almost 2 hours later and managed to get through it all! Looking seriously good Joe, you wouldn't believe it was the same car you started with  :cool:

Did you tint your headlights yourself? I know you said you did the 1st ones that were too dark but what about the ones you have in now?

And how many times have you changed your mind about selling/keeping?? lol  :laugh: Personally if i'd put that much time and effort into making it as good as you have, i'd stick with it and do the 1.8T conversion...just my opinion tho!

Nice one bruv   :smiley:

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #15 on: 11 March 2010, 20:26 »
hammerite them is a good idea. i used black hammerite to do mine plus all the subframe and rear beam, etc. really good stuff, easy to use. i would go with black or silver if you want a brighter color.

if your going to do your gti alloys black (which i think is a good idea) then i would do you calipers black too :)

Phew....almost 2 hours later and managed to get through it all! Looking seriously good Joe, you wouldn't believe it was the same car you started with  :cool:

Did you tint your headlights yourself? I know you said you did the 1st ones that were too dark but what about the ones you have in now?

And how many times have you changed your mind about selling/keeping?? lol  :laugh: Personally if i'd put that much time and effort into making it as good as you have, i'd stick with it and do the 1.8T conversion...just my opinion tho!

Nice one bruv   :smiley:

But if you put time and effort into a conversion like i have then it will look as bad as mine does :D

although looking ratty isnt all that bad when you put your foot down :evil:

Offline Matty-MK3

• I live here
  • Automatic boats FTW.
« Reply #16 on: 12 March 2010, 00:15 »
Paint them white, will look good. Or even silver will be nice.
Golf MK3 1.8 auto and I didn't pay a grand for the "priveledge" :grin:, auto windows all round and a AC. Oh and I've got a luggage net you pricks!

Does that make my willy look bigger?

Oh yeah it's called Helda or something....

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
« Reply #17 on: 12 March 2010, 12:54 »
Nice car, polishes up well. I'm a huge fan of red cars, especially MK3s and MK5s. :afro:

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
« Reply #18 on: 12 March 2010, 21:00 »
Nice car, polishes up well. I'm a huge fan of red cars, especially MK3s and MK5s. :afro:

Same, hense why both of mine have been red!  :cool:

As for the calipers, i'm thinking maybe a gunmetal grey kind of colour, think that'll look pretty cool with black alloys.

Just got back from driving my dad to Leeds today, 300 miles round trip and averaged 38mpg. Was quite impressed. Noticed a couple of potential problems tho, firstly the temp gauge didn't move much above 70 so i'm thinking a new thermostat is needed. Also there was a kind of thrumming noise from one of the back wheels, possible a wheel bearing gone??? It gets louder the faster you go, that sound likely?

Offline christomk3gti

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 13 March 2010, 01:18 »
yep bearing gone.
Black 8v GTI............. Whats a Waffle Valve?