Author Topic: What classes as a modification?  (Read 4560 times)

Offline Ashley

• I live here
Re: What classes as a modification?
« Reply #10 on: 22 December 2008, 14:08 »
Iv just got a decent Alpine HU with sub and amp.

1.Its impossible for them to know I have sub and amp unless the follow me home from hearing me

2.Mine isnt SILLY expensive.

0% chance Im even giving my insurance the chance to charge me more than they already have the cheak to charge me.

Technically if your car gets nicked and they find it with these in, surely they could say the car was, in theory, made more 'desirable' as it's got a flashy cd player and sub?

You should be covered for £x00 worth of audio anyway on your policy, so i wouldnt worry

Offline dan_apps

• I live here
  • too low for british roads!
« Reply #11 on: 22 December 2008, 14:12 »

1.Its impossible for them to know I have sub and amp unless the follow me home from hearing me

0% chance Im even giving my insurance the chance to charge me more than they already have the cheak to charge me.

fair nuff mate, your sensible like me, not like these boy racers where the headunit costs more than their car is worth.

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
« Reply #12 on: 22 December 2008, 14:22 »

fair nuff mate, your sensible like me, not like these boy racers where the headunit costs more than their car is worth.

I was actually tempted to get a facny double din HU for something silly like £600 + but saw some sense at the last minute. They are just shouting "STEAL ME!" as you can't remove them. mine just pops off and comes inside the house with me when I leave the car so if they where to be even stupid enough to try and steal it they wouldnt get a working HU.

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #13 on: 23 December 2008, 08:34 »

:lipsrsealed:   .        :embarassed:      .      :tongue:

Offline Dec

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 08 January 2009, 14:35 »

I don't class myself as a boy racer but seeing as my car is near worthless in its current state, I believe that the £20 audio cable I put in is worth more :embarassed:

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
« Reply #15 on: 08 January 2009, 15:07 »
I only spent about £300 all in with my sound isntall. (got the headunit for a BARGIN price on ebay).

I think I would find it hard to spend 14k on an audio install lol :D

Offline MrBounce

• I live here
  • Bora TDi 130 Highline - usually filthy.
« Reply #16 on: 21 January 2009, 22:14 »

Read the small print - chances are you'll be covered up to £250 for in-car audio, and if you want to increase that they will either say no or charge an "appropriate" premium (usually far too much).

Keeping schtum. Mostly.