Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 627521 times)

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #1260 on: 31 January 2014, 13:45 »
you should smoke your rear reflectors like mine, looks tones better on CSG cars.

Except they will no longer be red reflectors and therefore illegal.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
« Reply #1261 on: 31 January 2014, 13:50 »
you should smoke your rear reflectors like mine, looks tones better on CSG cars.

Except they will no longer be red reflectors and therefore illegal.

:rolleyes:
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | Milltek 3" TB Exhaust | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #1262 on: 31 January 2014, 14:09 »

Just saying, so that he can make his mind up knowing all the facts.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline tenrohle

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1263 on: 31 January 2014, 14:09 »
Did you smoke them with a film or spray? Had been thinking about doing that as I'm well and truly in the process of blacking the car out.

I just spent a fortnight in Western Australia amidst 40 degree heat and bushfires. ITS COLD HERE  :drool:

Offline tenrohle

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1264 on: 31 January 2014, 14:11 »
Curious legality that one. I truly doubt anyone would ever get stopped for it unless they were doing laps round a shopping centre carpark in reverse at 2am.

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
« Reply #1265 on: 31 January 2014, 14:13 »

Just saying, so that he can make his mind up knowing all the facts.

I was only joking mate, its better to know so he can make a choice.

PS: I used tinting film.
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | Milltek 3" TB Exhaust | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
« Reply #1266 on: 31 January 2014, 14:13 »
Got a few bit in the post today:

VW Racing Intake, SuperPro Anti Lift Kit, and a Subframe Insert (which i dont think ill be needing anymore as im buying Wigits VWR Mount and subframe)

Really looking forward to fitting the SuperPro A.L.K, should finally strat to get some traction down without the whole car shaking. Combined with the VW Racing mount, should increase grip / traction quite a lot.

In regards to the inductions kits ill have to make a choice, either keep and use the VW Racing kit, or keep the REVO / Pipercross one and sell the VW. (this is my 5th intake - such an intake whore  :evil:)

Have any of you guys tried both of these? The Revo one has been spot on so far, so we will have to see what the VWR one is like when fitted, if its ever stop raining.

I will give review on all of the above when fitted and tested.

PS, one of these intake will be for sale very soon as i cant keep both - and also both come with the stage 2 pipe  :cool:

or my current one:

Offline AndyWard

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1267 on: 31 January 2014, 14:50 »
Not done today but a couple weeks ago, had full apr tbe fitted and apr stage 2 applied. Much smoother delivery compared to stage 1, drives beautifully.

Next few mod's ready to go just waiting to get them done at same time as MOT; got Neuspeed TOP and Intercooler pipe, Powerflex Insert and Whiteline Endlinks. Also got the TyrolSport DeadSet Rigid Subframe Collar Kit with whole new set of Bolts, hopefully sort my tracking and clunk issues out!
10 Plate, Silver DSG,  APR Stage 2, APR TBE, Carbonio Intake 1 + 2, Bilstien B8 + VWR Springs, Eibach Front & Rear Roll Bars Powerflex Bushings, TyrolSport Subframe Deadset Collars, Whiteline Endlinks Front & Rear, Neuspeed TOP and Intercooler Pipe, R8 Coilpacks,

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #1268 on: 31 January 2014, 15:00 »
Curious legality that one. I truly doubt anyone would ever get stopped for it unless they were doing laps round a shopping centre carpark in reverse at 2am.

It would be highly unlikely that you would be stopped for it, but if the car got crashed into when parked at night, it could be a wriggle out for the insurers.

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
« Reply #1269 on: 31 January 2014, 15:38 »
@Andy Ward - May have the SuperPro Insert for sale in the next few days. Item is brand new / never installed.

£22 posted.