Author Topic: Pads and Polish combo  (Read 2380 times)

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
Pads and Polish combo
« on: 26 February 2019, 08:50 »
OK guys, what's the generally accepted best pad and polish combo for our VW's.

Now the warmer weather seems to be arriving (fingers crossed I don't curse it), I'd like to give both the new GTI and the Wife's Polo Blue GT a good going over. Both car's are in pretty good nick with mine just showing the lightest of cobwebbing the wife's a little more so (it is a 2016), and I'd like to get them back to mint again.

All my old pads are many years old now, so I'm totally open to suggestions of pad and polish combos for the hard VW paintwork for my DAS6 Pro polisher.

Thanks
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: Pads and Polish combo
« Reply #1 on: 26 February 2019, 21:56 »
I got various different options.  Some meguiars polishes and foam pads, some rupes polishes age pads, and also the Meguiars Microfibre DA system.  The latter is a really good, easy to use, streamlined system and gives great results.  Worth taking a look at that. It consists of microfibre cutting discs, mf finishing discs (5” or 6”) and 3” spot pads, cutting compound (D300) and a finishing wax (D301) D301 refines and leaves a layer of protection that you can either leave on and add to, or panel wipe off, I do the latter in favour of my own protection choice). Websites used to sell it bundled but looks like you now have to buy each component separately.  Great system!

Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11