Author Topic: 306 D Turbo - car #11, how long will this one stay for? place your bets..  (Read 15565 times)

Offline Steve_PD

• Serious forum addict
  • Cruising around in a Land Cruiser
lost a bet, car is now painted matte grey (primer)  :grin: front numberplate relocated and dewipered on the rear, just needs to go lower as it feels like a mk3 on cornering

Did you turn up an interview in this car..... :lipsrsealed: :grin:
I often wonder why people never expect sarcastic comments from me - they're the only reason I speak...

Offline luke

• I live here
  • When in doubt, whip it out!
lost a bet, car is now painted matte grey (primer)  :grin: front numberplate relocated and dewipered on the rear, just needs to go lower as it feels like a mk3 on cornering

Did you turn up an interview in this car..... :lipsrsealed: :grin:
I did, he seen it out the window and said I had done a good job  :grin: got to the final 2 but unfortunately got pipped to the post, not bad out of 9 people I suppose, keep on trying
1985 mk2 gti type 19 8v
2018 t roc sel 1.6tdi

Offline Bandit127

• Here all the time
the bet was if I could turn my £15 to £30 within 2 minutes at the bookies I have to spray it in primer, I ended up winning £40, 8 cans of primer later, I may go diablo red with carbon wrapped roof and carbon wrapped plastics
LOL - I have a much better use for 8 cans than that...

I would leave the roof for a couple of weeks after you spray it. In fact, that would be the last thing I would do after painting, lowering and nicer rims. Check out the balance of the look before going for the black roof.

If I was 20 something anyway. As I am not, the black roof is out. ...But each to his own, no probs there.

Offline luke

• I live here
speaking to a friend who does vinyl wrapping, thinking of cherry red with carbon wrapped plastic trim and carbon wrapped roof and anthracite gti-6 alloys, he can get the vinyl cheap and will only charge mates rates, happy days, also planning on sticking a front mount on soon, think I may keep this car for longer than most as I enjoy driving it even though it's french  :grin:  :smiley:
1985 mk2 gti type 19 8v
2018 t roc sel 1.6tdi

Offline snifferdog

• I live here
A few weeks then
 :grin:

French cars are usually good fun to drive anyway.

Offline luke

• I live here
A few weeks then
 :grin:

French cars are usually good fun to drive anyway.
I keep going down hill with my cars  :grin:
think this will stay longer than a few days/weeks/months haha, few plans for it, and a few in the pipework that are being kept secret  :lipsrsealed:
come back a nose this week if you want Craig
1985 mk2 gti type 19 8v
2018 t roc sel 1.6tdi

Offline luke

• I live here
£30 fine  :lipsrsealed:
1985 mk2 gti type 19 8v
2018 t roc sel 1.6tdi

Offline luke

• I live here
1985 mk2 gti type 19 8v
2018 t roc sel 1.6tdi

Offline Thom89

• Forum addict
  • Looking for an "Icebreaker"

Oh! thats an improvement, looks really cool now...

Thom

Gavv8

My mk3 corners fine thanks and lowering it won't necessarily help the handling.