Author Topic: New project Peugeot 205 GTI and MG ZS180  (Read 5512 times)

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
Re: New project!!!
« Reply #10 on: 14 May 2012, 14:28 »
love these cars...  :cool:

Offline Roverdose

• Here all the time
  • So long and thanks for all the fish!
New project Pug 205 GTI Turbo + MG ZS 180
« Reply #11 on: 14 May 2012, 22:27 »
Cheers for all the comments! Iv'e not really had the chance to poke around it much yet, I agree the engine is a mess but it runs smooth as a nut and started first time, I warn you progress will be fairly slow, i'm going to treat the rust first and foremost and probably leave it at that for a month or 2 as i've got to get the MG sorted first (MOT and as of tonight clutch master cylinder YAY! ) Gonna change the name of this thread to include the ZS cos it is very much the family pet and i love it! *awaits vast barage of abuse*

I'm going for the OEM look with the Pug, refurb the wheels, freshen up the paint, i quite like the bonnet mod, other than that bin the rear lights and try and replace parts for cleaner ones as and when i come across them, i may try to fabricate some sort of engine cover as it just looks like chaos even when their clean, and i like things to be neat and tidy!

Here's some pics of the kinda look i'm going for, oh and i'm keeping it LOW!

Offline Roverdose

• Here all the time
  • So long and thanks for all the fish!
Re: New project Peugeot 205 GTI and MG ZS180
« Reply #12 on: 19 May 2012, 23:32 »
Update, this weekend has been spent rallying, alot of 205's were present and i couldn't fault them, after day one the scoobies and evos are leading followed by mk2 escorsts then a vast barage of 2hoe5's! This makes my willy dribble knowing i've got this car, only issue being that if i was to enter the 205 i would be mixing it up with the 4wd boys, so this is now a rally car project, it's something i've always wanted to do so sod it, i'm doing it, solved the driveshaft issue, i need to swap the 1600 hubs over to 1900 hubs as they sit a fraction closer to the gearbox.

Also , clutch master cylender on ZS is broken, got alot of work bang on mot time now! GAY!

Offline wheatobear

• GTI forum regular
Re: New project Peugeot 205 GTI and MG ZS180
« Reply #13 on: 22 May 2012, 22:03 »
i want a zs 180....