Author Topic: my old ZR  (Read 11111 times)

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
Re: my old ZR
« Reply #10 on: 24 May 2012, 09:22 »
I've always liked the look of them, esp the blue, the yellow and reds aren't bad either....I liked yours with. White wheels, very nice!

cheers buddy had white wheels 1st then ...did a massive circle with a few sets inbetween and ended up with white wheels haha! could have saved money1!!

:grin: the blue and the white compliment each other nicely!
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline rich1977

• Here all the time
« Reply #11 on: 13 August 2012, 00:36 »
I always liked the 160 zr was much more fun to drive than the zs 180s ive had if anything they where as close as ive got to that mk2 feel in a modern car.

saying that seeing as it was based on a car from the early 90s hardly suprising lol

heres my old un

Www.Internet-ink.co.uk voucher code RL15 for 15% off all pens,toners and ink cartridges including cannon Epsom dell and hp.

Offline raptorSE

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #12 on: 13 August 2012, 09:15 »
To be fair they were never 'bad' cars and were very well specced but the ever present mechanical issues  are all they will be remembered for and is why they are so cheap.

not wrong mate...i paid £3500 for mine and spent a further 5/6k in mods and repairs and then got rid for 1k!... bad times...but hey!!

dont you mean 5/6k on headgaskets :laugh: :laugh: only joking pal there not bad cars like you say as long as they have been looked after the 1.8 160's are fun are kid had one never missed a beat

I had a 160 they was quick. Part ex'd mine against one that had been converted to a Rover 220 turbo lump 268bhp and 238ft/lb torque that thing was rapid  :cool:
Seat Leon Cupra R

Offline hobnobbob

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #13 on: 27 August 2012, 12:17 »
I kind of have a soft spot for them to be honest.
If the engines where a bit stronger i'd have one any day i just couldnt own one with that looming doubt of the engine unless you forked out yourself.

Offline MS1COYS

• I live here
  • Alfie 'H' 10-09-11
« Reply #14 on: 27 August 2012, 23:53 »
This car with a black and red colour scheme would be a favourite of mine. I don't mind MG's myself, bit of a weird fetish I have.

A good friend of mine has a MGB with a second gen, 5.7 litre hemi engine stuck in it. 360bhp. 440lbft and geared for a top speed of only 135-140mph.

It's always struck a chord with me...in a good way  :laugh:
Evolution Map / Longlife USA 80mm TBE w/100 cell Sports Cat / ITG Maxogen G60 / Forge Twintercooler/ Forge TB Hose / R8 Coilpacks / EBC D&G Front & Rear Discs / EBC Yellowstuff Pads / BSH PCV Kit / Poly Pro Front & Rear / W.A.L.K / APR Torque Arm / 034Motorsport Density Line Engine Mounts / Vibratechnics Subframe Mount / Vibratechnics Dogbone Bush

292bhp / 287lbft