Author Topic: my old ZR  (Read 11132 times)

Offline wheatobear

• GTI forum regular
my old ZR
« on: 12 May 2012, 15:00 »

went thru many sets of wheels a couple of exhausts...im pretty sure wen i got rid of her she didnt have a standard thing on her from when i bought her! i know there will be alot of MG haters...but i loved it! stressful when it broke down a few times but loved none the less!!

Gavv8

Re: my old ZR
« Reply #1 on: 12 May 2012, 15:14 »
To be fair they were never 'bad' cars and were very well specced but the ever present mechanical issues  are all they will be remembered for and is why they are so cheap.

Offline wheatobear

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 12 May 2012, 15:28 »
To be fair they were never 'bad' cars and were very well specced but the ever present mechanical issues  are all they will be remembered for and is why they are so cheap.

not wrong mate...i paid £3500 for mine and spent a further 5/6k in mods and repairs and then got rid for 1k!... bad times...but hey!!

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 12 May 2012, 15:53 »
I've always liked the look of them, esp the blue, the yellow and reds aren't bad either....I liked yours with. White wheels, very nice!
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline wheatobear

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 12 May 2012, 20:08 »
I've always liked the look of them, esp the blue, the yellow and reds aren't bad either....I liked yours with. White wheels, very nice!

cheers buddy had white wheels 1st then ...did a massive circle with a few sets inbetween and ended up with white wheels haha! could have saved money1!!

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
« Reply #5 on: 12 May 2012, 22:24 »
I like it on the pale blue ones. Cool car chap.

Nick

Offline snifferdog

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 15 May 2012, 14:38 »
I like it mate. Ive found the 'reliability/mechanical issues' to be nothing but a myth in my experience.

Maybe some are good and some are bad?!

I paid £400 for mine, £300 to get the headgasket uprated and the cambelt changed and thats it. Ive had it for around a year now and done 12K trouble free miles.

Yours looked good anyway mate, get another!!  :evil:

Offline wheatobear

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7 on: 21 May 2012, 20:58 »
I like it mate. Ive found the 'reliability/mechanical issues' to be nothing but a myth in my experience.

Maybe some are good and some are bad?!

I paid £400 for mine, £300 to get the headgasket uprated and the cambelt changed and thats it. Ive had it for around a year now and done 12K trouble free miles.

Yours looked good anyway mate, get another!!  :evil:

if u look after it its fine.... i know someone who had theres and it was on 140k and the HG never went!

Offline johnnyvr6

• Here all the time
  • golf v6 4motion soon to be 1.8t'd
« Reply #8 on: 21 May 2012, 21:33 »

not wrong mate...i paid £3500 for mine and spent a further 5/6k in mods and repairs and then got rid for 1k!... bad times...but hey!!

dont you mean 5/6k on headgaskets :laugh: :laugh: only joking pal there not bad cars like you say as long as they have been looked after the 1.8 160's are fun are kid had one never missed a beat

Offline wheatobear

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9 on: 24 May 2012, 00:06 »

dont you mean 5/6k on headgaskets :laugh: :laugh: only joking pal there not bad cars like you say as long as they have been looked after the 1.8 160's are fun are kid had one never missed a beat

haha head only went once per engine haha.... wouldnt ever have another unless it was a diesel! on my 2nd engine it never missed a beat at all then i swapped it for a shed of an A3!