Author Topic: Project Slow - Audi A3 8P 2.0 TDI...  (Read 63089 times)

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
Re: Project Slow - Audi A3 8P 2.0 TDI...
« Reply #410 on: 28 July 2011, 16:10 »
Thanks chaps :grin:

If the camber worries me enough then i'll get camber adjustment bolts :tongue: It's not that bad, the last tyres lasted me 20k on the front, and the rears should last me another 5-10k. The fronts after 20k were not a pretty sight, and I hope I never leave it so late to buy tyres again...

That's the problem with camber related wear, it's not so obvious...  I have been caught out once.

Offline Dec

• I live here
« Reply #411 on: 05 August 2011, 12:43 »
Sooo... Brought some black polish last weekend to see if it would mask some of the imperfections... I was really impressed, its basically the equivelant of colour magic but the shop I went to didnt have any of the 'real' stuff.

So it looks 10x shinier, doesn't show stone chips from about 10 miles away (you have to be within a metre or so's range to see any sign of them) and overall I'm very happy :) The front end and rear bumper will be getting sprayed at some point, its just finding time off work to book it in!

Also cleaned my mates Scooby while we were at it... (me being a knob behind it... was a combo of trying to push it along like a shopping trolly, and just get in the way of the photo lol).. JDM import STi though, so its not slow :evil: Couldn't deal with 18-22mpg though :sick:

Offline Dec

• I live here
« Reply #412 on: 08 December 2011, 16:24 »
Soooo, not a lot has happened in the Months that I haven't posted an update...

Its now nearing 130k, pretty chuffed with that, just hope it lasts a lot longer too :)

Also, this happened.

Speechless to be honest, I think it was just a random passer by when I was at the GF's parents last night, but could well have happened on my own driveway :sick:

Well down to the metal, right the way from the little bit on the door that can be seen in the pic, then they went to the trouble of moving up slightly to do the whole of the rear quarter up to the rear light. THANKS! :angry:

Offline jmsheahan

• I live here
« Reply #413 on: 08 December 2011, 17:16 »
Ouch! C*nts!  :angry:

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
« Reply #414 on: 08 December 2011, 17:23 »
Barstewards :angry:

Offline Dec

• I live here
« Reply #415 on: 09 December 2011, 09:59 »
I nearly cried :cry: I know its just a runabout work horse essentially, but its still my baby lol

Offline tech1889

• Serious forum addict
  • Mk2 GTI FTW !!
« Reply #416 on: 09 December 2011, 10:04 »
get it painted up quick mate otherwise it will rust quick time
Mk4 Golf GTI anniversary and mk6 golf tdi :)

Offline Dec

• I live here
« Reply #417 on: 09 December 2011, 10:18 »
Well supposedly they're galvanized, so shouldn't rust lol but I know they do... Going to get a touch up pen today and try and hide it as best as possible (my mates pretty handy with them, and once mopped it should only be visible at certain angles) then get it properly sprayed after winter. My mate should be able to blow it in pretty well hopefully, but black is a b!tch :(

Offline Dec

• I live here
« Reply #418 on: 09 December 2011, 10:19 »
This was the same side a couple of weeks ago :cry: