Author Topic: Wire not connected *pic*  (Read 1090 times)

Offline crazy golf

• Not said much yet
Wire not connected *pic*
« on: 15 April 2013, 14:25 »
Could someone tell me what this wires for. Is it important. and also what negitive effects it can cause? I havent noticed any..

hopefully you can work out where it is from the picture..

one side of the wire is still conected but the other side is off. I was thinking to put a wanted post and try and get a plug with enought wire to solder on to the remaining wire. would this work?

Offline Chris.

• I live here
Re: Wire not connected *pic*
« Reply #1 on: 15 April 2013, 14:56 »
N75 valve.

Controls the boost!

You NEED it fixed.

Click For Build Thread

248bhp  278lbft R - Tech Powered 1.8T!!  - Gone but NOT forgotton

Offline rio_gti

• I live here
  • "i'm not spending any money on it" Got a Hybrid!
« Reply #2 on: 15 April 2013, 15:06 »
if you cant ge to the plug connections, cut the wire off and use 2 small spade conectors (like for wiring up speakers)
your car should now have a turbo once this is back on  :grin:

2000 GTI 1.8t ARZ, S2000 filter, DSG intake, Forge 007 dv, Catch can, R-tech custom remap, 3" Supersize Silicone TIP, Powerflex dog bone, 'The Beast' FMIC, Ultimate delete, LCR fuel pump, 3" Turbo back, K03 hybrid, Ported Manifold, S3 injectors, 80mm maf = 280bhp 270lbft :evil:

Offline crazy golf

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 15 April 2013, 15:23 »
I just had a propper look and turns out both sides are disconected. the side i thought was ok is just held on by the rubber sheeth.  :sad:

not sure how to fix this.. the holes are definatly too small to jam spade conectors in

Offline jonrandom

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 15 April 2013, 15:31 »
Mine did this a while back, the wire snaps right in the plastic plug end so no wire to play with. I went to a scrappy and cut off another plug with enough wire so it could replace the broken one and wired in easily.

Offline rio_gti

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 15 April 2013, 15:33 »
remove the plug off the n75 valve then put the spade connectors straight onto the valve (throw the plastic plug away!!)

2000 GTI 1.8t ARZ, S2000 filter, DSG intake, Forge 007 dv, Catch can, R-tech custom remap, 3" Supersize Silicone TIP, Powerflex dog bone, 'The Beast' FMIC, Ultimate delete, LCR fuel pump, 3" Turbo back, K03 hybrid, Ported Manifold, S3 injectors, 80mm maf = 280bhp 270lbft :evil:

Offline jonrandom

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 15 April 2013, 15:44 »
remove the plug off the n75 valve then put the spade connectors straight onto the valve (throw the plastic plug away!!)

Clever, should have done that, much easier!

Offline rio_gti

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 15 April 2013, 16:22 »
Lol I'm not just a pretty face  :grin:

Offline Chris.

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 15 April 2013, 16:24 »
A plug properly soldered on will be a lot better.

Im sure the charcoal canister plug is the same.  So could remove charcoal canister, steal the plug off it, put appropriate resister across those wires and use the plug for the N75 valve :D

Click For Build Thread

248bhp  278lbft R - Tech Powered 1.8T!!  - Gone but NOT forgotton

Offline rio_gti

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 15 April 2013, 16:29 »
Looking at it closer mine is slightly different it has a plastic Moulded bend on the end if it..... Looks like your missing that bit  :undecided: