Author Topic: gti,all over the road  (Read 1638 times)

Offline golf on 20s

• Not said much yet
gti,all over the road
« on: 30 January 2005, 11:35 »
need help, i changed the suspention on mk 96 p plate, gti 8v, now its all over the road and drives like a complete dog, ive changed the springs and shocks, bottom ball joints, top mounts and rear axle bushes, any one got any ideas cos this is driving me mad, also the steering wheel is sitting to the right and the car pulls a bit to the left?????????????

Offline Fubar

• Not said much yet
  • mmmmmm....pringles...
Re: gti,all over the road
« Reply #1 on: 30 January 2005, 14:44 »
MATE!!!  If you can find the answer to these questions you are a god..

The same thing with my car.  I lowered it using apex springs and shocks about two weeks ago and since then have had the camber and tracking done 3 times yet it still drives like a pig.  The car seems to have lost all traction on bends- especially in the wet even though i have put on two new tyres on the front etc..

It feels funny in the bends, pulls to the left- even though the steering wheel is on the piss to the right??  What the f**k is going on???!!!!!

Offline audiquattro

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 30 January 2005, 16:35 »
If all the steering/suspension geometry is correct, and you had no problems before the kit was fitted, then i would look at the quality of the kit you put on.

Offline golf on 20s

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 30 January 2005, 16:49 »
i havent had any re-alignment or tracking or anything done, where is the best place to get it done???

Offline kil2002

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 31 January 2005, 21:58 »
hi m8 i changed the springs on mine and had the same prob, its defo ur tracking/wheel allignment i got mine done at kwik fit, for ?24.95 excellent service any probs you can take it back to them. :smiley: