Author Topic: MK 7.5?  (Read 4859 times)

Offline gizzywizzy

• I live here
  • Black is definitely the stealthiest colour!!
MK 7.5?
« on: 13 June 2019, 10:31 »
Hi
Went to see my friends new Golf GTI yesterday, in a deep metallic blue that looked almost grey tbh.  I loved the look of it until I had a look inside and where I have what I’d call dials this car had a gimmicky virtual kind of cockpit which just looks tacky on such a nice car, plus the new nav unit is a crock of crap compared to mine, too much hand waving needed when you need to be concentrating on driving.  So I loved the colour but much prefer the inside of the earlier MK 7 cars.
Deep Black Pearl Mk7 GT TDI 150.

Offline hog_hedge

• I live here
Re: MK 7.5?
« Reply #1 on: 13 June 2019, 10:44 »
I agreed with you on the AID, it doesn’t show any more info than the analogue dials and multi-function display - apart from the in-built sat-nav which I don’t use.

The AID is much much better in the T-Roc and the new Polo. The standard infotainment system is spot on and is very similar to the old 8” upgraded unit so I assume you’ve had a go on the larger optional extra unit with gesture control?

As long as you’re happy with your Mk7 then happy days :cool:

Offline kmpowell

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 13 June 2019, 11:05 »
Is it half-term already?!?
SOLD March 2021
2019 GTI Performance, 5DR, DSG - Isaac Blue, Leather, Pan Roof, 19" Brescias, DCC, Dynaudio, Rear Camera, Keyless, Electric Memory Driver Seat.

Offline sjw

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 13 June 2019, 11:12 »
Is it half-term already?!?

Sounds like jealousy to me, trying to justify his/her older car to him/herself  :wink:

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #4 on: 13 June 2019, 11:19 »
I had a 14 plate Mk7 and now have a 17 plate Mk7.5. Both had/have navpro.

Mk7.5 is a serious step up in data presentation and ease of use. Sorry, it just is.

That's speaking as someone who spends a lot of time in the car, driving it.

If you want a negative - on the Mk7.5 navpro, the gesture control is sh!te and changing gear messes with the audio. Turned it off after about an hour of use, happy since then.... well, except for my ocd with cleaning the huge touch screen with a micro fibre cloth every time I stop!
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline TurboTrev

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 13 June 2019, 11:34 »
I sort of get where you're coming from.  Back in 2017 I was very pleased my CS had analogue dials when I bought it, it seemed more appropriate to me at the time that a performance car should have them.  However, my wife has a T Roc R line with the electronic dash and it's really grown on me.  When I get in my CS now it seems a tad old fashioned, but I do still like the retro look as well.  Firmly standing on the fence. :grin:

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 13 June 2019, 11:40 »
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Online Adam T7

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 13 June 2019, 13:17 »
Owned my 7.5 now for nearly 6 months - electronic dash superb IMO (as well as everyone else that’s sat in it)
MY2019 GTI Mk 7.5 Performance. DSG, 5 Door, Rear Camera, Climate Windscreen and Rear Window Factory Tints, Indium Grey.

Offline Gnasher

• I live here
  • Formerly GnasherVXR
« Reply #8 on: 13 June 2019, 14:20 »
Not had a car with AID but seen quite a few. My only gripe with the AID on the Golf is that the shape of it just makes it look a bit fisher price - in comparison to (for instance) the AID in an S3. Although it's better than what appears to be the 80s "slab" in the Merc A class.

I'd still rather have the Golf AID over my analogue dials though.
2014 Golf GTI (PP) in Pure White with
Vienna Leather, Keyless Entry, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera. Milltek Exhaust, Eibach Sportlines, 19" BBS SR wheels - SOLD!!!!!

2018 Audi TTRS in Nardo Grey with
Black pack, 20" Alloys, Privacy glass and Sports Exhaust. No mods yet!

Offline Aparat

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9 on: 13 June 2019, 18:20 »
When I was looking to buy used mk7.5 they were all with AID so there was no choice but if I could choose then I would go for analogue. Looks better to me personally