Author Topic: Sat Nav Update?  (Read 9409 times)

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
Re: Sat Nav Update?
« Reply #40 on: 16 June 2019, 07:09 »
Thanks for the link. It’s the same if you go to the English site - Nav Pro update is there, but Discover Nav isn’t. Guess I’ll have to be patient!
Roger.

Pure White MY19 GTI PP 5 Door DSG with 19” Brescias.

Offline DanDuda48

• Not said much yet
« Reply #41 on: 16 June 2019, 11:23 »
Interestingly Discover for MIB1 (pre 2015 is already there). Only MIB2 and MIB2.5 still have to wait...
« Last Edit: 18 June 2019, 23:25 by DanDuda48 »
2018 Golf GTI PP White Silver; DCC, Discover Pro; Lane Assist & DLA; Parking pack; Climate windscreen; rear tints.
2016 Golf GTD Oryx white; DCC; Tech pack [=Discover Pro + Dynaudio]; Sport & Sound; Lane Assist & DLA; Parking pack; Climate windscreen; rear tints

Offline Vwjap

• I live here
« Reply #42 on: 16 June 2019, 14:51 »
So thought I’d download this, new version on English website
Broadband download speed test 13Mbs
Volkswagen download speed 1MBs
HMMM maybe dieselgate affected them more that I thought

Offline Vwjap

• I live here
« Reply #43 on: 16 June 2019, 15:19 »
Volkswagen Germany download speed 700kbs  :angry: is it a joke or do they want you to go in and buy the SD card from the sales department?

Offline sjw

• I live here
« Reply #44 on: 17 June 2019, 09:14 »
Volkswagen Germany download speed 700kbs  :angry: is it a joke or do they want you to go in and buy the SD card from the sales department?

They're obviously throttling the bandwidth for some reason. Probably allocating more of it to those wanting to download sales brochures ;)

Offline sadsac

• Not said much yet
« Reply #45 on: 17 June 2019, 13:18 »
Just downloaded twice (Discover Pro MIB2) and the archive doesn't contain md5 file which they've always done in the past - is this right? Thanks

EDIT works fine with no md5 file
« Last Edit: 19 June 2019, 17:14 by sadsac »
2016 GTD DSG deep black pearl discover pro dynaudio climate windscreen adv tel prep parking pack

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
« Reply #46 on: 20 June 2019, 22:09 »
Updates for all versions seem to be there now. Just completed mine and all is fine.

The first time I downloaded the 7zip file it wouldn’t extract. First problem I’ve ever had updating nav data. The second attempt downloaded and extracted as it should. The whole process took a while - an hour and ten minutes for the download on a fast fibre line, about forty minutes for the extraction and thirty five minutes to copy the data to the SD card, which worked when tested in the car.

I noticed that my March 2019 car had version 9 loaded. The new version is 11, so my car came with an out of date satnav.
Roger.

Offline jdc0907

• Not said much yet
« Reply #47 on: 22 June 2019, 14:43 »
Can anyone help me understand what maps I should be downloading? The box in my car says Europe 1 (v9) but there’s lots of other options (around 8-10 different map packs) on the discover care menu. The v10 maps in Europe 1 only seems to cover the uk and a few other European countries (around 6gb total size) whereas the current SD card I have has the whole of Europe on it (around 13gb in total).
Current: GTI Mk7.5 PP MY19
Previous: Polo BlueGT MY16

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
« Reply #48 on: 22 June 2019, 18:47 »
Well we have the same car, so the same system, unless you have Nav Pro, and the whole of Europe at around 13GB, but version 11, is what I downloaded, so it is there.
Roger.