Author Topic: New car order delays  (Read 52226 times)

Offline neepy7.5

• GTI forum regular
Re: New car order delays
« Reply #10 on: 20 September 2018, 00:13 »
When I spoke with VW live chat yesterday they said they expect the WLTP certification to be issued in week 50......

Might wanna check again and see what they say because they told me it’s just been approved
'68 7.5 Golf GTI Performance 3dr DSG, Isaac Blue

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #11 on: 20 September 2018, 06:50 »
When I spoke with VW live chat yesterday they said they expect the WLTP certification to be issued in week 50......

Might wanna check again and see what they say because they told me it’s just been approved
You can talk to different people at VW UK and get a different answer from all of them so you can't believe anything that's said unfortunately.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline neepy7.5

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #12 on: 26 September 2018, 10:30 »
Just seen over on the Tiguan forum that many people have been told/received notification that their Tiguans are either currently in transit to the UK/have arrived at UK ports/sat at the dealers. Seems like its come as a bit of a shock to a lot of them as its literally happened over night, looks like they'll be getting the WLTP certificates soon so the cars can be released. Hopefully Golfs next  :whistle: Worth noting Tiguan isn't listed on the VW website as WLTP approved

Offline hobbes22

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #13 on: 26 September 2018, 11:10 »
I spoke to VW yesterday via online chat, My car is still sat at unconfirmed for build week 46; even though my dealer said it was confirmed. VW rep also told me that as WLTP has now been approved for the GTI PP, that i should contact them again in a few days, as they should have further info....

Hopefully things are starting to move along. Happy for the new Tiguan owners though.  :wink:
Sold - Octavia 2.0 PD Tdi. Shark remap. EGR Delete. Decat. H&R Shocks. Hybrid Turbo.

Sold - 2016 GTI PP, Manual. Pure White. Keyless.

Current - GTI Performance, DSG, Isaac Blue, Brescia 19”.

Offline neepy7.5

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #14 on: 26 September 2018, 15:47 »
I'm still unconfirmed week 41 which is less than 2 weeks away, they say you should get confirmation 2-4 weeks before it gets built so looks like it will be pushed back.

Offline golfhappy

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 26 September 2018, 18:49 »
Mine ordered 28/05 and just now received an email saying its built and at the docks awaiting transportation into the UK.
Audi S1 gone, awaiting 1.5tsi r-line, pan roof, led lights front and rear, active dash, 18" jurva alloys and a dealer fitted Oettinger roof spoiler in tornado red.

Offline hobbes22

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #16 on: 26 September 2018, 22:39 »
Mine ordered 28/05 and just now received an email saying its built and at the docks awaiting transportation into the UK.

Nice one.  :cool:
Sold - Octavia 2.0 PD Tdi. Shark remap. EGR Delete. Decat. H&R Shocks. Hybrid Turbo.

Sold - 2016 GTI PP, Manual. Pure White. Keyless.

Current - GTI Performance, DSG, Isaac Blue, Brescia 19”.

Offline neepy7.5

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #17 on: 27 September 2018, 11:34 »

Happy Days  :smiley: looks like it will soon get WLTP certified then!

Offline golfhappy

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 27 September 2018, 15:50 »
Possibly, email said: that's your golf now built and sitting at the port in Germany awaiting shipment to the UK, hopefully it will get shipped soon. Ends: at least it's getting somewhere now....it has been some wait. As said the Audi went to the garage and they have given me a 67 plate golf estate to bomb about in.

I should be exploring the infotainment system, buttons on the steering wheel etc...i need glasses for reading so i cant make out what they are, bit of a blur! did have a 14 plate gtd and only used the adaptive cruise control once. TBH because it was a good summer i was only interested in the sunroof and because the Oettinger spoiler mimics my Quattro one i'll be happy! golhappy  :smiley:
Audi S1 gone, awaiting 1.5tsi r-line, pan roof, led lights front and rear, active dash, 18" jurva alloys and a dealer fitted Oettinger roof spoiler in tornado red.

Offline neepy7.5

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #19 on: 01 October 2018, 13:35 »
I've had the confirmation my car is being built next week, week 41. :smiley: Nothing has changed on the app and it's still down as with the factory but my dealer and VW online chat have both confirmed it. Be great if it gets WLTP certification between now and it landing at the dealers