Author Topic: VWR Spring Noise  (Read 1609 times)

Offline MjrSharpe

• Here all the time
VWR Spring Noise
« on: 07 August 2018, 08:41 »
Hi all. I've just installed VWR springs on my car, and have developed a very slight knock from the front when going over small undulations and bumps in the road. I took the front wheels off and checked everything was tight and seated, and it all seems fine. Has anyone had any experience of this? Thanks
2016 GTI - Tornado Red, M52 remap, DTUK Pedal box, dv+, racingline turbo elbow, forge turbo muffler delete, racingline springs, racingline stage 2 BBK, novus 0.1 wheels, injen induction kit ,st rear anti roll bar, TT short shift, 034 motorsports dogbone upper / lower inserts, sachs organic clutch, custom stainless steel exhaust, res delete, leyo bezels, oettinger rear spoiler, maxton splitter, golf r rear lights

Offline MjrSharpe

• Here all the time
Re: VWR Spring Noise
« Reply #1 on: 08 August 2018, 22:51 »
Bump?
2016 GTI - Tornado Red, M52 remap, DTUK Pedal box, dv+, racingline turbo elbow, forge turbo muffler delete, racingline springs, racingline stage 2 BBK, novus 0.1 wheels, injen induction kit ,st rear anti roll bar, TT short shift, 034 motorsports dogbone upper / lower inserts, sachs organic clutch, custom stainless steel exhaust, res delete, leyo bezels, oettinger rear spoiler, maxton splitter, golf r rear lights

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 09 August 2018, 06:39 »
Sounds like bushes or top mounts.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline 7MAT

• Forum Supporter
  • GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 09 August 2018, 10:36 »
I've got the same problem, been reliably informed its the bushes.

Plan to upgrade mine with SuperPro bushes and control arms.

MK7.5 Golf GTI Performance, 3 door, Issac Blue, DCC, Manual. Racingline Stage 1 OEM+, Remus Exhaust system, Sache Performance Clutch.

Offline MjrSharpe

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 09 August 2018, 14:45 »
Thanks for the replies guys. I just find it weird as I have had my past 4 cars lowered on a variety of springs and have never had an issue. If it's the bushes then at least I know what it is and can rectify it!

Offline MjrSharpe

• Here all the time
« Reply #5 on: 14 August 2018, 15:00 »
Got it sorted. Turns out the garage had fitted the springs upside down! Glad to have it fixed, but had to pay double, as I wasn't taking it back to the first garage as they had damaged my car the first time round and I have no confidence in them. I'll now have to try for a refund.

Offline rjwojcik

• Here all the time
« Reply #6 on: 14 August 2018, 17:23 »
Got it sorted. Turns out the garage had fitted the springs upside down! Glad to have it fixed, but had to pay double, as I wasn't taking it back to the first garage as they had damaged my car the first time round and I have no confidence in them. I'll now have to try for a refund.

:shocked:  That's atrocious
Current:
2018 RS4  - Navarra Blue / Black
Gone:
2016 A6 BiTDI - Midnight Blue / Black
2016 Golf GTD with a "lot" of toys
2016 M3 CP - Mineral Grey / Black
2009 135i - Le Mans Blue / Black