Author Topic: Tilting sunroof from open ???  (Read 2261 times)

Offline rjwojcik

• Here all the time
Tilting sunroof from open ???
« on: 06 August 2018, 22:05 »
Team

How on earth do you get your sunroof to tilt from the open position?  From closed you press the button up, that works.  But the only way I've managed to tilt the sunroof from open is first to close it and then press the button up.

Any ideas?

Cheers
Current:
2018 RS4  - Navarra Blue / Black
Gone:
2016 A6 BiTDI - Midnight Blue / Black
2016 Golf GTD with a "lot" of toys
2016 M3 CP - Mineral Grey / Black
2009 135i - Le Mans Blue / Black

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
Re: Tilting sunroof from open ???
« Reply #1 on: 08 August 2018, 16:17 »
I haven’t got one on my present car, but the operation of sunroofs I’ve had before has been exactly that. The mechanism rotates, from closed, one way to open and the other way to tilt. Hence you have to come back to closed, before rotating the other way.
Roger.

Pure White MY19 GTI PP 5 Door DSG with 19” Brescias.

Offline CHB100

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 08 August 2018, 16:36 »
I haven’t got one on my present car, but the operation of sunroofs I’ve had before has been exactly that. The mechanism rotates, from closed, one way to open and the other way to tilt. Hence you have to come back to closed, before rotating the other way.
Correct, what's the hardship in closing and pressing the button up for tilt?
Arrived 15/5/17 Mk 7.5 R Lapiz 5dr DSG, Prets, Pan Roof, DCC, Rear View Cam.
Our other car is a Mk7 GTI DSG 5dr Tungsten, Vienna, Rear View Cam, Park assist.

Offline candywhite12

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 09 August 2018, 01:02 »
Team

How on earth do you get your sunroof to tilt from the open position?  From closed you press the button up, that works.  But the only way I've managed to tilt the sunroof from open is first to close it and then press the button up.

Any ideas?

Cheers

close first, then tilt... why would you want to tilt from an opening position anyhow?
Wife's: mk8 TSI 1.4 RL, 5dr atlantic blue, DSG, Norfolk 17", pan s/r, leds
Now: mk7.5 TSI 1.4 RL, 5dr tornado red, DSG, Singapore 17", pan s/r, leds
Before: mk6 GTI 5dr candy white, DSG, Monza Shadow 18", s/r, bi-Xenons, DCC
Even before that: mk5 GT 5dr tornado red, manual, s/r

Offline rjwojcik

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 09 August 2018, 07:53 »
Team

Any ideas?

Cheers

close first, then tilt... why would you want to tilt from an opening position anyhow?

Either when I'm driving and it starts to rain or when I park up and it's hot.  Just asking the question, guys.   :sad:
Current:
Gone:

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 09 August 2018, 12:05 »
Fairly reasonable question to ask. My Merc C Class pan roof would go from open to tilt by pressing the up button when open. Was handy and used it lots when parking etc. But then it was clever and would close from open when it rained  :cool:
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Gnasher

• I live here
  • Formerly GnasherVXR
« Reply #6 on: 10 August 2018, 10:27 »
I can understand the question, but (as has been said) the problem is that the closed position is inbetween the tilt and slide options.

There has to be an automatic stop between the 2 as otherwise how would you know it's shut in exactly the right place so you don't come back to a waterlogged pair of front seats if you've got it wrong, surely?

The only car I've ever owned that was different was my old Calibra which tilted, then slid back - although that still stopped at the tilt setting before it let you press the button again for the slide (not the cha cha slide though)
2014 Golf GTI (PP) in Pure White with
Vienna Leather, Keyless Entry, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera. Milltek Exhaust, Eibach Sportlines, 19" BBS SR wheels - SOLD!!!!!

2018 Audi TTRS in Nardo Grey with
Black pack, 20" Alloys, Privacy glass and Sports Exhaust. No mods yet!

Offline rjwojcik

• Here all the time
« Reply #7 on: 10 August 2018, 13:29 »
It's the other way round, from closed it goes to tilt and then to open.
From open it goes to tllt and then to closed.

It's one of these sunroofs where the glass bit sits on top of the roof, rather than fitting inside the roof.

If closed, I can press a button (inside the car) to tilt it.  Once tilted, I can also press the button to open it.

But once open, it won't go back to tilt, only to closed.

One way I manage to leave the sunroof in tilt from open (say in a car park), is to use convenience locking on the key fob.    Once it get's to the tilt position, I then let go of the button on the key fob.

Not the end of the world, just wondered if anyone had found a way of going from open to tilt.
Current:
Gone: