Author Topic: Best recorded MPG for GTI  (Read 11261 times)

Online Watts

• Forum addict
Re: Best recorded MPG for GTI
« Reply #20 on: 10 July 2018, 21:14 »
Wowzers! I'm struggling to get into the high 30s on my commute...although I have only recently got the car so I'm still enjoying the right hand pedal, plus I commute into London in stop-start traffic...

Getting to the high 30s in a busy London commute is excellent. Mine is a steady run (I generally go in around 5.30 am) but it's only 5.3 miles and get around 35-38 at this time of year but that drops by about 7 in the cold.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline MrJollygood

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #21 on: 10 July 2018, 21:55 »
My commute is down the M4, so it's a mix of 70mph sections and then stop/start crawling when I hit sticky patches and as I get closer to London. A/C has been on constantly due to the heat wave so perhaps when the weather's chilled out a bit I'll see a slight increase.
2013 Golf GTI (PP) Tornado Red
1959 Triumph TR3A
2014 Porsche Cayman S

Offline rwleigh

• Here all the time
  • Richard.
« Reply #22 on: 13 July 2018, 14:25 »
My latest best for a gentle potter round at 50-60mph with the AC on...
REVO stage 1 Clubsport 370bhp manual...
Golf GTI CS40 #010 | Manual | 5 door | Pure White | Car-Net | 90% tints | Winter Pack | REVO stage 1

Offline deltarikk

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #23 on: 13 July 2018, 15:31 »
Some amazing results, way better than my CS average of 31 after 3k miles, maybe it would increase if my other half was in the car with me more often??.. :laugh:

Offline rwleigh

• Here all the time
  • Richard.
« Reply #24 on: 13 July 2018, 16:03 »
Some amazing results, way better than my CS average of 31 after 3k miles, maybe it would increase if my other half was in the car with me more often??.. :laugh:

It should improve with a few more miles on the clock...  :wink:
Golf GTI CS40 #010 | Manual | 5 door | Pure White | Car-Net | 90% tints | Winter Pack | REVO stage 1

Offline deltarikk

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #25 on: 13 July 2018, 17:29 »

It should improve with a few more miles on the clock...  :wink:

Cheers, I think it has been creeping up from around 27, further improvements will be a bonus  :smiley:

Offline Davey-c

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #26 on: 13 July 2018, 22:13 »

How are you finding the Revo stage 1 Rwleigh? How’s drivability?
2023 Golf R 20 Years, Lapiz Blue, 19 Inch Black Estoril Alloys, Rear Camera, Harmon Kardon Sound System.

Offline rwleigh

• Here all the time
  • Richard.
« Reply #27 on: 14 July 2018, 00:17 »

Highly recommend it, I had mine done at 3 weeks old and don't regret it one bit. Currently on 10k miles and can't fault it... As you can see it can be economical but also when needed it can go too...
« Last Edit: 15 August 2018, 09:49 by rwleigh »

Offline Davey-c

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #28 on: 14 July 2018, 08:54 »

Highly recommend it, I had mine done at 3 weeks old and don't regret it one bit. Currently on 10k miles and can't fault it... As you can see it can be economical but also when needed it can go to...

Good to hear. I’m seriously considering it but was a bit concerned about traction but I guess it’s just a matter of learning to drive the car again. My MPG is still around the 30 mark, 9,000 miles on the click now. I was able to get 39/40 in my S3 so the Clubsport mapping must be something to do with it?
2023 Golf R 20 Years, Lapiz Blue, 19 Inch Black Estoril Alloys, Rear Camera, Harmon Kardon Sound System.

Offline rwleigh

• Here all the time
  • Richard.
« Reply #29 on: 14 July 2018, 09:56 »

Good to hear. I’m seriously considering it but was a bit concerned about traction but I guess it’s just a matter of learning to drive the car again. My MPG is still around the 30 mark, 9,000 miles on the click now. I was able to get 39/40 in my S3 so the Clubsport mapping must be something to do with it?

I had a lack of traction in the first three gears with the P-Zero's on but now I've got PS4S's on it's much less of an issue. Once they're warmed up you really can lay it down well. Maybe the remap improves economy slightly but if you could get 39/40 in an S3 then you should get at least that or more in a CS due to less weight to pull around.