Author Topic: APR stage 1 mk6 gti HELP  (Read 6628 times)

Offline SteveFB

• Just got here
APR stage 1 mk6 gti HELP
« on: 05 August 2016, 15:09 »
 :sad: i had my 2011 54k gti manual stage one Apr mapped last week, first impressions it was bonkers and like a different car! Trouble is that in both 5th and 6th when you floor it at just under 2000 revs it hesitates until about 3000-3500 like I'm feathering the brake! I've been back and I've had 1 new coil which showed a fault, no change after a run out, last night I changed the other 3 out of my brothers scirocco! Again no change! Really niggling us now as it flys everywhere else and does everything you ask of it! Booked back in a week on Monday for some more rolling road, it's just had full VAG service inc plugs etc, it ran 100% stock and I'm currently on 99ron Shell!,,, I think we've discounted the high pressure fuel pump because it runs as should elsewhere!
Any thoughts?

Offline The ANT

• Here all the time
Re: APR stage 1 mk6 gti HELP
« Reply #1 on: 05 August 2016, 17:12 »
My remapped mk6 does that, i assumed that was to protect the clutch as the bloke that remapped min said the clutch slipped at one point so he turnd the wick down slightly. I had mine remapped by rs Tuning in Leeds
Suffering from a severe and unforgiving case of GTItis

Offline SteveFB

• Just got here
« Reply #2 on: 05 August 2016, 20:01 »
I think he's probably having you on pal! Did it slip before? Mapping should be equally as smooth as factory!
I'll repost on here when mines been back on the rolling road on the 15th

Offline The ANT

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 05 August 2016, 21:02 »
My clutch slipped on the rollers and he turned the boost down slightly, i have no idea why it doesn't like 5 and 6 but that was just an assumption by me. It didn't slip before but with more torque now it is more likely to slip especially in higher gears. I know mk6 gti clutches aren't capable of much more than my car is giving it now.
Suffering from a severe and unforgiving case of GTItis